Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if it would be a good idea if we had a recomended suppliers list, commpany,s we have all used, a bit like a yellow pages for rods yanks etc, it may be good as a stiky, we could may be have one for companys that you would,nt reccomend as well dont no about legelity of the later, what you think si. any comments from any body else welcomed:tup:

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem is that some people can have a good experience with a trader you've had a bad experience with.
hi dusty hope your well, i can see what your saying but when langy sold his f100 the guy was slaging the truck off it did,nt take long before he was put right, this is not the best example but one that spring,s to mind, i think reading one of your recent post,s you,ve a problem with a trader? other people to may have had problems, so may want to no who not to deal with, i think most people can read between the lines from bad trader or just personal attack

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,348 Posts
I don't know how this all stands legally ( something for Si to clarify) as I've been threatened with being sued by 2 dodgy traders previously for not deleting the TRUTH quickly enough ( as mod on NSRA site) .Both had several customers over and must have taken a good £50-75k ,at least , in ill gotten gains.

Couple of traders out there that I wouldn't use if they were the only place in the world I could get parts.

I know a lot of people moan that certain traders are expensive but I've NEVER heard a complaint about any of those.

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know how this all stands legally ( something for Si to clarify) as I've been threatened with being sued by 2 dodgy traders previously for not deleting the TRUTH quickly enough ( as mod on NSRA site) .Both had several customers over and must have taken a good £50-75k ,at least , in ill gotten gains.

Couple of traders out there that I wouldn't use if they were the only place in the world I could get parts.

I know a lot of people moan that certain traders are expensive but I've NEVER heard a complaint about any of those.
hi kev i asked simon if this thread would be ok before i posted it he said there was no problem, ill see him in an hour and will confirm it with him, i think a lot of people may be getting the wrong idea as to why i posted this in the first place and are only looking at the negative side, i was recommend to use dave eddy by gary(chevy 2) dave gave excellent advise and a first class service so i will be useing his services again so therefore i would recommend him, surly there are more trader,s we could recommend, im sure nige was glad he posted his thread for header coating,s after being quoted 200 pounds he got them done for 30:tup:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,348 Posts
Steve, nope, I didn't think you were focusing on the negative only but I've seen companies that I've seen recommended on other sites that I know are totally dodgy and that the recomendee was extremely lucky to get goods for their money.

Likewise there are rodshops out there that simply should not be charging people for work due to a total lack of knowledge. On more than one occasion I've looked at 'pro' work that had a total lack of understanding of function in suspension / chassis fabrication.

I know someone on here who bought a twisted to hell pro stock chassis from a known shop which was virtually scrap .

Maybe a E Bay score type system would be the best answer ,or something with anonimous voting ?

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king ;)

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Well i dont know what to do now theres a bloke i use that was reconmended to me a while ago and ive past on the reconmendation to many and quite local to me (surry quays)

Hes only a one man band and well worth a call for parts and a few repairs, hes just had a hip job so doesnt want to bechanging clutches and gearboxs

I dont think he posts but that would be upto you to ask

But too scared to post it now all this tooing n froing

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,348 Posts
Not my call Vince,recommend away :) I'm just trying to explain what I've seen from the other side of being a mod elsewhere for 5 years and being within the rod scene for 37 years.

There's many suppliers I could recommend from first hand experience ( which is the only way I'd ever recommend).

You still rarely get to hear of the horror stories as some of the suppliers /rodshops get quite punchy / litegious (no matter how true your story may be) and so many are scared to talk or may have ongoing situations that may be predjudiced.

Issues with the odl Rodline were a faily open secret but still many got taken.

·
Rod'a'holic
1,054 Posts
From my experience Pop Brown, Langy, Namco. Yes more expensive than buying from US but they have always kept their word and will give advice willingly:tup:

Rich

1 - 15 of 15 Posts