Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on improving the ride and roadholding on my 1935 Ford sedan. It is still running the original steering and transverse leaf springs front and back with telescopic shock absorbers all round.
Tyres are Coker Classics. 6.00Rx16 on the front and 7.50Rx16 on the back.
Looking to reduce the body roll on corners and stiffen up the ride a bit, but don't want to run to the expense of changing to an IFS set up.
I've been searching for anti-roll bar kits but not having much luck. Would appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Ironically when I searched on 'sway bar', the Pete&Jake's option still didn't come up. It seems to be the only kit though for the standard suspension set up rather than the Mustang 2 option.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I was wondering if Ford Pilot stuff would fit, my failing memory says they have an ARB.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,747 Posts
I always run sway bars on my Tri Fives, an essential mod in my view.. Despite kits being available that I have used on others I had Andy Robinson (Robinson Race cars Basingstoke) custom build both for my Nomad. It has other mods as well but is the best handling Tri Chevy that I have owned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts