Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am in the process of registering my first import, a 1949 Ford F1.
I have applied for and received the DVLA registration pack and was happily following the guidance notes but it now keeps referring to the certificate of conformity to be able to input the various specifications ie; wheelbase / width of vehicle / variant.
Can anybody educate me as to where I get this information as I was led to believe the american title and the note from HMRC proving i'm on the NOVA system was all I needed.
I have yet to decide on an engine and running gear so do I have to wait until all that is fitted or can I blag it, which I was prepared to do. If anyone has all the spec info needed to fill out the application for first tax disc and registration for an F1 then I would appreciate them PM'ing me.
If I'm going about it all wrong then please say so.
Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
777 Posts
I think you will find there are really only a few of the questions that you actually need to answer, and these were self explanatory. I did this last year but had help from a local DVLA office (closed now). Someone else will be along soon to advise you better than me, as I cant exactly remember which questions are needed.
You will need the new engine number in order to register it though.

·
Registered
622 Posts
All you need to put on the form is the revelant info you have.
Name/address
Engine number/cc
Chassis number
Colour
Seats

Insurance
£55

That's about it. As already stated, NO MOT NEEDED AS PRE 1960( even for registration). I know this as I registered my 56 F100 while it was in a million pieces in the garage. Got my tax disc/V5 within 10 days.
Personally I would photocopy everything and send it registered post

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all, it makes perfect sense now. I will do exactly that (Only fill in the info I have) the worst they can do is return the form.
I appreciate everyone's time(and the link)
Craig

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
:tup:
All you need to put on the form is the revelant info you have.
Name/address
Engine number/cc
Chassis number
Colour
Seats

Insurance
£55

That's about it. As already stated, NO MOT NEEDED AS PRE 1960( even for registration). I know this as I registered my 56 F100 while it was in a million pieces in the garage. Got my tax disc/V5 within 10 days.
Personally I would photocopy everything and send it registered post

·
Nowheresville
3,085 Posts
If it is the original engine it probably hasn't got a number (it would/could have been stamped on the raised pad on the gearbox bellhousing), so just put 'Not known' - that's what I did on the last two old Ford trucks. I don't know if DVLA has sorted out anyone to do their inspections yet, but I would make sure it is at least drivable before applying just in case. On the other hand, I believe that few, if any, vehicles are currently being inspected so you might get lucky. It can also help your case if you have a validating letter from an approved V765 listed club to confirm its age.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts