Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had a Kitten many years ago and was going to put in a 1300 xflow and anglia back axle, the anglia axle was too narrow! and without a lot of cutting the xflow would not go in. so I gave up, put a set of mini revolution rims on it and ran it as it was, fantastic little car around town, tighter turning circle than a taxi, 60 to the gallon, even went to cornwall in it, twice!

·
Hanger on
42 Posts
Dare I suggest a Bike engine?
In such a light car the torque wouldn't be an issue, and a Kitten with a bike engine screaming away at high RPM would surprise a few people.

The kit car/Mini guys etc do it all the time, so conversions for a reverse gear are available, or you can do it the cheap way with a Starter motor set up to run the prop in reverse by way of a relay and switch.

Would be a bit of work, but a Hayabusa lump can put out 200BHP with very little work and is so light.

Oh god, I feel an ebay session coming on.

Nasher.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
A friend of mine has a built 472ci Cadillac engine/box in his Reliant Fox, the pickup version of the Kitten, it was suprising just how strong and heavy duty the original chassis is, considering the size and the purpose of the stock vehicle, his still retains a large portion of it too. but probably not the trouble free swap your lookin for. Good luck

·
Registered
667 Posts
A friend of mine has a built 472ci Cadillac engine/box in his Reliant Fox, the pickup version of the Kitten, it was suprising just how strong and heavy duty the original chassis is, considering the size and the purpose of the stock vehicle, his still retains a large portion of it too. but probably not the trouble free swap your lookin for. Good luck
about time he finished it!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.