Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOW ON EBAY
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160395328183&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Reliant Scimiter GTE,1977,3000 V6,4 speed manual with overdrive,green,NO MOT but 3 months tax,wolf-race wheels,stainless exhaust with tubular headers, k&n filter,electronic ignition,new plugs and leads,good looking car with tidy enough paintwork for a 30 odd year old car.fitted with a facet electric fuel pump. new battery.retro sharp radio cassette player.

bad bits......
the wipers have died, not a fuse so its prob a bad earth.
slightly noisy front wheel bearing (but no play when you shake the wheel).
the interior needs a good clean,the drivers seat has a rip.
the overdrive has been wired up to another switch,the original switch is still there on the dash though.
the heater works but not very well!

I have been driving it as a daily for the last couple of months and it goes like F**K!, its proper light on the back and it wheel-spins with no effort at all.
I have the V5 and its in my name.

I am located in Abingdon in oxfordshire
will post some pics up on Sunday.

·
woto
82 Posts
......was thinking,
did you try danny, last i heard he was after a 3.0L,
might be worth a ring if you dont get any joy.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
i have a Jago jeep that i might consider swapping, its a 1971 (all documents state this) and have documents to get it changed to historic (tax exempt) its off the road at the moment as its too bloody cold to drive an open top car:p i had a few scimitars in my youth, was the spares coordinator for the drivers club. the problem with the wipers is, as you say ,probably an earth or the plug on the motor, this was a problem with some of them.
value of the Jago (that depends who you talk to) its a tax exempt one so better) its got a strong 2 litre in it, woolfrace wheels (original steels included) its scary to drive, they fetch between £500 and £2500 so its hard to value it (basicaly worth what somone wants to pay for it:tup:)
if your interested let me know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a Jago jeep that i might consider swapping, its a 1971 (all documents state this) and have documents to get it changed to historic (tax exempt) its off the road at the moment as its too bloody cold to drive an open top car:p i had a few scimitars in my youth, was the spares coordinator for the drivers club. the problem with the wipers is, as you say ,probably an earth or the plug on the motor, this was a problem with some of them.
value of the Jago (that depends who you talk to) its a tax exempt one so better) its got a strong 2 litre in it, woolfrace wheels (original steels included) its scary to drive, they fetch between £500 and £2500 so its hard to value it (basicaly worth what somone wants to pay for it:tup:)
if your interested let me know.
Sorry mate.......not interested, but thanks anyway

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
dont wanna sell the car without the plate......make me an offer to take it away as it is,take off what you want then you sell the plate to get your money back.
I Bought this car for the Reg Number that was on it (TNT 88S), that reg has been transferred and the replacement non transferable reg number is "NFC 240S". The Tax Disc has been updated by the DVLA and so has the V5 document.

:tdown: So which statement was the true one, the one on this site or the one on Ebay :?:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts