Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 1.6e scenic is due a cam belt but is it a 8v or 16v ? don't want to start striping to look the bills bad enough :incheek: anyone got an 8v scenic on here ? as i'm pretty sure that's what it is but don't want to order wrong parts.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
thats an 8v Paul,

and the belt drives both cams in the 16v megane/scenic engines

i can double check for you if you like, whats the year or the car and if poss the engine code ??

if you need any info re timing marks etc just give me a shout :tup:

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats an 8v Paul,

and the belt drives both cams in the 16v megane/scenic engines

i can double check for you if you like, whats the year or the car and if poss the engine code ??

if you need any info re timing marks etc just give me a shout :tup:
Thanks mate i'm now happy she's an 8v, don't have logbook yet so can't tell what the full number is and buggered if i can see a code, i'll let the home tune guy fit it though he's done my last three cars.

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you put your reg into eurocar parts it's gives engine code and size. Looks like a 8 valve to me as it looks the same as my brother in laws.
First thing i tried but reg number "not known" :beuj: alarm bells ringing [ just bought it ] i put the reg in the dvla check and "not found" :beuj: rang dvla and yup no problem it's on the system....PHEW hart beat back to normal LOL.

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
when you phone your local motor factor they normally have number plate systems linked to the dvla to look up parts, if you are unsure phone up the dealer for a price and ask them if its an 8 or 16v and get the engine code, then use that info to get the pattern part from a factor, you will already know the dealer price and can see what kind of a deal your getting...

kev

p.s. looks like an 8v to me

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,496 Posts
Are there any on them ? If it's like the 16v you have to lock everything into place before dismantling cam belt. Otherwise it means realigning everything as they drive pulleys aren't keywayd. Probably best asking on the Renault forums ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.