Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone recommend a bloke with a multimeter and knowledge of electric oven repair?
This is getting a bit serious now, ol face ache is not happy.........
I live near Rye, east sussex.
would appreciate visit from said bloke :)
regards
Nick

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
My Indesit electric oven packed up one day. started looking at replacements at several hundred quid. Someone mentioned to me that all the parts are available online. I googled them and got sorted for under 50 quid. Fitted bits myself in 10 mins. My elements had both gone by the way.

·
Registered
612 Posts
My Indesit electric oven packed up one day. started looking at replacements at several hundred quid. Someone mentioned to me that all the parts are available online. I googled them and got sorted for under 50 quid. Fitted bits myself in 10 mins. My elements had both gone by the way.
yep, thats what i was getting at, espares.com is very good for parts. and ovens are so less complicated than people think

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
I'm not local, but work in the industry, have you checked that the timer hasn't accidently been turned on, this has happened to customers hundreds (possibly 1000's) of times,
worth a look though. If it sounds like its working but no heat then very probably just an element (normally accessible from the front) Hope this helps.

Gary

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yep,another vote for espares.com . Just fixed my range oven,new element £23 including p&p.
They even have video clips on their site showing you how to do it.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,276 Posts
I'm not local, but work in the industry, have you checked that the timer hasn't accidently been turned on, this has happened to customers hundreds (possibly 1000's) of times,
worth a look though. If it sounds like its working but no heat then very probably just an element (normally accessible from the front) Hope this helps.

Gary
Used to be every other call when I worked for Moffat .

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohhhhh...... if it were only that simple boys.....
Let me explain what happened on that fateful Sunday afternoon a month or two back.......
Dinner was acookin, both ovens were going strong, grisselguts happened to knock the oven knob with a dish, there was a fekin big big flash of elektrikery and all went dead.
I reset the trip and turned the oven on, more blue lightning, so killed all power and decided to look next day.
On inspection, it would seem that one of the indicator lamp feeds had disintegrated and had fallen onto bare metal under the cooking burner above, this was the short no doubt, I looked at the other two lamps, they were about to fall apart too, so, I ordered three new lamps and fitted them, fully expecting normal service, but no, I get spark to the gas burners but nothing else at all electric on the cooker will work, so I need bloke, simples.
Is there a fusible link or something thats burnt out? the cooker is a Baumatic with double electric oven about seven years old, appreciate your helpful posts but I fear this could be a real bastard unless of course you are bloke. :)

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
Don't mention that you worked on or even looked at a gas appliance if you are not Gas Safe registered, at the moment its a fine of up to £5000......sorry to say this but your best bet is a local search of the interweb, or good ol' Yella Pages.:smoke:

·
overweight? no, UNDERTALL
103 Posts
There is no internal fuse BUT after replacing the neons and switching on the appliance, did you set the timer into manual mode? that is if it has a timer which is usual on combi cookers.
Don`t even think about taking it apart again just call an engineer otherwise you might turn into Rocketman!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dont have any power to timer, now Im thinking that might be the problem, if thats been frazzled it wont let power to anywhere else? does that sound likely?
thanks for post
Nick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts