Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Rods and Sods folks. I'm aware that posting up an advert for an event in my first post is very bad form, but I'm hoping I can get a bit of a free pass as a number of you goodly folks will know me from around the way. I wanted to make a formal (if such a thing were possible on the internet) invite to the Rods and Sods members to the Retro Rides Gathering 2010

The Pitch :
Hot hatch to hot rod, racer to road car, drifter to daily Retro Rides Gathering has it all and everything in between.

The Retro Rides Gathering is Europe's premier event aimed at all owners of classic retro tin! Now in its third year, the show has gone from strength to strength and provides enthusiasts the perfect blend of jaw dropping show cars, non-stop track action and a wonderful selection of traders … all taking place at the UK's largest motor museum!

The Place :
Haynes Motor Museum, Sparkford, Yeovil, Somerset BA22 7LH
Easy access from most direction due to A303 and nearby M5.

The Cost :
£7.50 per person on the day, £5 in advance :)

Clubs
Club space is free and easy to book details are on the website

More Info
The Website

Check out some photos from last year

Keep up to date on Facebook

Some of the members of this here parish are already going and we've got some pretty interesting builds being prepared for the event. We'd love to see some more Rods and related machinery there, which is where ya'll come in. Maybe a Rods and Sods 'club' stand? Or just turn up and be all kinds of stylish in the non-club area?

psssst, camping is available for the weekend, but don't go telling everyone :)

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
It got picked up because of the links and it being a first post. We don't tend to get any nowadays so I never checked the moderated logs :oops:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,099 Posts
I went last year with the ACE stand and intend being there again this year .Good bunch of guys with fresh ideas ,no rules, and some cool cars, worth a visit.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Yep the atmosphere and attitude of the Retro Rides Gathering is absolutely spot on. Had a seriously good time over the past 3 shows and I'm definitely looking forward to this one!
I recommend camping!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went last year with the ACE stand and intend being there again this year .Good bunch of guys with fresh ideas ,no rules, and some cool cars, worth a visit.
Thanks for the kind words Kev :) Hope to see you back this year.

Street are you going to be in either of your projects? :)

Chewy, it is cool on the internet, but better in the flesh :D

Everyone :
I know the whole rod thing can get a bit political at times, so I'm not sure who I should be approaching or telling about the show in order to spread the word, some pointers would be ace (no pun) some help spreading the word would be even better :D

·
Banned
153 Posts
Street are you going to be in either of your projects? :)
I'm really hoping to, I'm working really hard on them now so if I'm just a passenger again it won't be for a lack of trying!! :D
P6 gasser isn't far off, that's what I'm shooting for :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thought it was worth giving this a bump :)

£5 entry tickets are available until Friday/Saturday this week. Then it is £7.50 on the door.

We've had a massive response this year so it is looking to be a good one.

Would love to see more of you folks there :)

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,099 Posts
Just to drag this one back up , looks good for me being there and going to drag Antons with his T along . I know the Retrorides guys would like to see more rods/customs there and it would be a good opportunity for some of us to remind ourselves of our roots and how creative and unfettered we used to be.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is great news Kev, and you are right, I know our visitors would love to see more rods and customs (and kustoms) at the show. We hope we can make it worth while by providing some inspiration and new ideas you may not get at the usual shows :)

See you Sunday :D .. weather is looking good and the turn out is looking to be bigger than last year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi folks,

I'd just like to thank Kev for coming down and answering peoples questions as well as the guys from Bristol Hot Rod club that came along, our visitors really appreciated the cars as did we. Top stuff :)

Same time-ish next year.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Dude bring up north a bit,Bry

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Have it at Shakey then i can push bike down to it !

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Yea lets have a an RR-RnS Bash at the best bar in the world (just happens to have a dragstrip round the back):DBry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts