Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Can't see how the axle case can move up and down. Top two rails fixed to diff are fixed at both ends.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I'm not sure but they don't look like bolts holding the diff on those curly top rails. It looks more like rubber snubbers that guide the diff back between the rails when the airbags are deflated and stop it moving from side to side.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I don't think the curvy, shiny tubes are welded to the diff. It's the angle of the photo. The whole thing is fully dropped. I think when the bags are inflated it will make more sense.

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
Position of 'air bags' look odd and far from being in optimal position - hope all that welding up front is up to scratch, otherwise that lot will collapse out there on road road:pmsl:

·
Registered
935 Posts
The thing that stands out as being wrong is that the bags are going to try (and probably succeed) to bend those bars which they are acting on. They are going to get twice the force they would get if they were over acting on or near the the axle case.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
The air bags will surely bend those tubes? Must be a trailer car. Or a danger car!!!
The bags in that position will give a lot more lift than if they were over the axle. I guess thats the idea.
Wouldnt wanna drive it very far tho.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Seen that set up alot on mini truck type things. It's basically a 3 bar set up. Bags placement gives huge lift. Lower bars are usually very big diameter heavy wall tubing. Looks more complicated than it actually is.

·
Registered
725 Posts
It should last about as long as a chocolate bar in the sun !
2 or 3mm plate for the axle & chassis brackets is not thick enough ! the bolts dont look big enough, as dont the bushes, on top of that the, top arm which is being used as a track locator does not seem to have a sliding joint (the 2 lower arms will swing in a different arc) something WILL break !! the rose joint does not have any spacers so if one bag is up & the other down it will just undo the jam nut or break the joint & pre bending the tubes which may not be man enough anyway is very bad engineering other than all that, it looks shit & if you know who's work or motor it is FFS tell them befor they go out on the road & kill someone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts