Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from the Outlaws christmas "do" thread,would it be a good idea /would you attend a RnS christmas bash ?(obviously for next year).........Where would be the best place to hold it ?,Bry

·
richard rawlplug
8,113 Posts
in the midlands,that way everyone dont have to travel far...

meaning if it were in say....devon,the boys in scotland may not travel cos its too far..

or shakey bar....plenty of parking and camping...it could be called "rodsnsodsfest"

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
we would be up for it....
me and our maude i mean..:tup:

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Following on from the Outlaws christmas "do" thread,would it be a good idea /would you attend a RnS christmas bash ?(obviously for next year).........Where would be the best place to hold it ?,Bry
'The Plumbers Rest' LOL. Plenty of room.

Rog.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
richard rawlplug
8,113 Posts
bry it says on the home page 1017 active members...maybe the NEC would cater for us.???

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Shakey would be a good venue imho, but a little chilly for camping possibly!!!!!!.
Need to get something sorted early in the new year Bri, would hate to have date clashes.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how about regional parties, with the best party goers going on to the final :happy:
The RnS FACTOR with our SI-na fuck that Ian

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shakey would be a good venue imho, but a little chilly for camping possibly!!!!!!.
Need to get something sorted early in the new year Bri, would hate to have date clashes.
Yea Russ Shakey is on my list but camping would put alot off ?

And totally agree dates need to be sorted,Bry

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Sounds good Bry, put me down for a possible :tup:

:D

I've also split this thread into two to move the stuff that was nothing really to do with it into a separate one if people want to carry it on.

This one can be for genuine interest in the do :tup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bit of a random thought.

Why not have a Christmas bash in the summer (if we ever get one), maybe a Christmas BBQ, can make it in to a show as well and it will be warm enough for people to camp over, maybe on a Bank Holiday weekend.

·
richard rawlplug
8,113 Posts
Bit of a random thought.

Why not have a Christmas bash in the summer (if we ever get one), maybe a Christmas BBQ, can make it in to a show as well and it will be warm enough for people to camp over, maybe on a Bank Holiday weekend.
do it on a rwyb weekend.....

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
do it on a rwyb weekend.....
thats always going to clash?...:shake:

seriously though, would be up for a do off season.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My thinking is that the way this place is growing ,we will undoutably have some sort of get together next season,probably at an existing run/race,kind of like we did at this years Nats.

I do agree with Sid,that i think an off season christmas do would go well,it really a case
of cost,as Wayne posted ,what do you want ?

I can also see the day when we have the RnS Nationals ??,Bry

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
My thinking is that the way this place is growing ,we will undoutably have some sort of get together next season,probably at an existing run/race,kind of like we did at this years Nats.

I do agree with Sid,that i think an off season christmas do would go well,it really a case
of cost,as Wayne posted ,what do you want ?

I can also see the day when we have the RnS Nationals ??,Bry
needs a big hall for dancing, and a good bar that sells bitter,,,
food, we were at a do the other night and had trad christmas dinner, but a do next door was a wedding and they had trays off bacon butties and chips.
simple food is a winner for me...:tup:

on the subject of cost i reckon if we all chiped in.say a tenner a head, it wouldnt be too bad?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts