Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here we go, it's time for me to ask for something from you arty folk.

Rods 'n Sods really needs a proper logo. Something which can be printed on clothing & stickers etc. and probably a banner or two I'll take camping with me.

I like the neon style and the font up there on the left so would prefer it to be based around that. Maybe it should include other things as well ?? I dunno. Maybe an old style gas pump ?? How about a tag line ?? some have suggested "Welcome to the dark side" before.

What do you all think ?

It's also got to be something that you guys n gals would be prepared to wear/show off :D

If anyone's up for helping then cool or alternatively if it needs to be a paid job then let me know how much i'm looking at.

I could do with the artwork in vector format (Illustator would be best for me) if possible. I know we'll lose the 'glow' in vector but it's better for stickers, IMO, as they can be done without a background.

Cheers in advance peeps.

Si

·
Registered
552 Posts
how about...... SOD IT 'N' ROD IT

jim :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
si is it text or pics or both, 40 stude is realy good with idea,s /art he does the designs for our shirt,s and atr work for all our ads, totall, dont no him but hes done some excallent art work and design, play on words from a earlier post how about, sod it just rodit, also if your looking for pics design what do you think should be on it,perhaps a mix of rods, beetles, chop,s? personly i like a mix on characture, and you no like gas pump,s or ther would,nt be one my conservatory8)

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also if your looking for pics design what do you think should be on it,perhaps a mix of rods, beetles, chop,s? personly i like a mix on characture, and you no like gas pump,s or ther would,nt be one my conservatory8)
You's the people :tup:

It's more a case of what you lot would want on your tops :tup:

Personally, i'm not sure about having pictures of cars (or bikes) on there. you're always going to miss one type out. That's why I was thinking of generic stuff like the gas pump.

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
How about ' I embrace the dark side ' as a tag line?

·
Rust Obsessive
642 Posts
Keep it simple, no?

These are clearly no works of art - I'm no designer, did them in Paint and don't have the colours or the font - but maybe a base for someone to work from? Could work as a Decal, as to say that the background is whatever you stick it to.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
The first one's the best I reckon, the oval one looks too much like Classic Ford magazines logo. How about Rods n Sods, for a taste of the dark side ?

·
Registered
777 Posts
keep it very simple.....

really like the "welcome to the darkside"

with the Rods n Sods logo with the neon etc....

·
Rust Obsessive
642 Posts
The first one's the best I reckon, the oval one looks too much like Classic Ford magazines logo. How about Rods n Sods, for a taste of the dark side ?
Wasn't keen on the oval one, but you gotta try a few things. The last one I prefered, but obv. in the right font and neon orange.

Or.....

How about nobbling the coca cola logo and making that Rods n sods, with "...a taste of the dark side" underneath it?

as long as its decal type sticker and not a backed bumper sticker then it would be a winner on any window/panel/skateboard/whatever:D

1 - 20 of 95 Posts