Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

:?:possibly this question should be directed at Roadrunna/si via PM, but maybe the reply would be of use to lots of other members who may have had a similar experience to me.

I want to make a donation, but the only option i can find is Paypal which i guess would involve the use of a credit card. Unfortunatley after my wife doing something similar about 18 mths ago and £38,000 going missing from our accounts i wont use a computer to make any payments of any kind.

Is there any way a cheque can be sent ?, and if so who is it made payable to and what address is it to be sent to ?

Many Thanks.

Russ. 07762 - 747643

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
:eek: Yes, to donate via the site would need either a paypal account or if you don't have an account then a credit/debit card.

As a reassurance for others, the card payments going through PayPal are guaranteed secure (and I don't get the card details either lol) but where the risk lies is how people look after the computer which they make the payment from. This is how card details get nicked due to trojans/viruses etc.

So, in answer to all that ... Make sure you've got some decent antivirus and anti spy/mal-ware protection. Other than that if anyone would like to make an offline donation then if you PM me I will pass on my address and all the details :tup:

Although my address is up there on the net in various places already, i'd prefer it not to be picked up by the bad guys either :D

On a side note, my card got cloned a couple of weeks ago as well :( Must have been from a cashpoint or chip & pin machine though as they took all the money out from a cashpoint in Sri Lanka and would have needed the pin number :wanker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts