Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Si, my smilies have stopped working and I have not altered anything. It says smilies on but they don't work.

What's wrong ?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just tried that and still no smilies

So this idiot is still confussed

The spell checked seems to have gone too

I'm cursed

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Smell check ya telin ma ther were a smell cheque ................... i iswh i know that
:smoke::incheek::D:shake:
And im kinda guessing my smilies are working and i know the Bat phone is on answer phone so all i can think is that you might of turned them off in your user cp but as for where i havnt got a clue ............try and back track what you did before you realised they were not working :tup:

You havent accidently disabled it just below the reply box ...........Down there vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Is it that they're not showing like they should below ?

Or that they're not showing in any of the posted messages ?

Can you see the big grin smiley below ?

:D :D

Try typing the following into a post. Does it change it to a smiley when you post it or does it disappear or just stay as the text ?

:D :D :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for showing me your smilies you ( insert offensive smilie of your own choice )

Yes Si I can see them all and their all looking at me sarcastically but I have no control of them.

If I try to use one the little vertical flasing line vanishes but no smilie

also if I press on more smilies nothing happens

Never had this happen before

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Can you try typing the text in a post as well i.e. :D as this will convert it to a 'Big Grin' smiley when the post is submitted.

Also, are any of the smileys that show in the box animated ?

What web browser are you using ? IE, Firefox, Chrome, AOL etc.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Basically, the Javascript isn't working on your computer.

Have you done any updates recently ? Installed any software like anti-virus or firewall stuff (e.g. Zone Alarm) ?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No Vince not disabled, checked all the setting I can find. But I am as good on computers as Stevie Wonder is at custom airbrush art work.

Thinking back the last time they worked was just before the didn't, if this helps ( bugger no smilie )

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Basically, the Javascript isn't working on your computer.

Have you done any updates recently ? Installed any software like anti-virus or firewall stuff (e.g. Zone Alarm) ?
As Si has said have you updated recently, if yes then it maybe a problem with your antivirus not allowing them and if no then one of your programs needs to br

Im sure that my pc did a java update sometime in the last week or so

Dont worry about being Stevie wonder 8) on these things, i am too and i cant spell :smoke:

Aint i Si, :pmsl:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:coffee::rofl::coffee::rofl::woohoo::rule::tup:

:D

Something got blocked and I have unblocked it

Thanks for the advise :tup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts