Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used Rock Auto Parts ?, I purchased a pair of Monroe MA 700 Air ride shocks on ebay £100 + £10 postage (From VW Sunshine ) quite a reasonable price and delivered in 7 working days so not realy moaning .

Turns out they bought from Rock Auto Parts in the states and had them shipped direct for about £58 inc postage and duty (not a bad mark up )
I went on the old interweb and checked out Rock Auto prices and sure enougth £58.00 inc postage.

So its worth doing you homework to save a few quid and Rock list parts for nearly all makes inc yank classics.

·
Lost in the ozone. . ....
3,029 Posts
I always go there first. :tup:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not come across Rock before but did check out some USA sites and inc postage they were pretty close to the price I paid on ebay + last time I bought direct from the states I got stung with import duty then post office handling charge, so Rocks price came as a surprise .

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,125 Posts
Yup, now use them all the time. I find that suppliers here ,if they can be arsed to answer the phone , simply don't carry the stock.

·
1,143 Posts
Rock Auto - reliable, cheap & easy to use.Never had a problem. Great on prices I've found as good or cheaper than ebay (last purchase gas tank for '66 T'bird).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts