Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Chuckinmuck since 1966
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sending some tyres up to Jim in Scottish Land - buggers to wrap - I put extra bubble wrap on as I know it gets cold up there in the winter.

Just wanted to share - what a lovely fella and so easy to do business with.

Hope you have as much fun undoing them as I had wrapping em up !

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
ha ha thanks Bob, I'll be going on hols Thursday so Graham will have the pleasure of unwrapping them, and you're right it is still cold up here:tup: Thanks for everything mate!

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,139 Posts
I hope that wrapping IS adequate , once you get a dent in tyres they are hard to panel beat out ;)

·
fixin your car
935 Posts
where are the fragile stickers?
you just know they are going to be thrown, dropped or rolled.

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
ha ha the couriers texted me the other day to say they would deliver Wednesday. On wednesday morning they texted to say they didn't have the parcel so they wouldn't be delivering. Then later on Wednesday they text to say it will be delivered, but, by that time I'm at the bank,, so guess what........ yep, they texted again to say they couldn't deliver as I wasn't in! I'm off to Cuba today for a fortnight, don't be surprised if the tyres roll back to you Bob! I've tried for a redleivery Friday when my mate will go to the 'shop after work, but couldn't contact DPD/Interlink to say they should leave them with security and my mate will pick them up later. Gotta love courier companies, don't know what the feck they are doing and you can't speak to anybody to sort it out as they hide behind and electronic text/intenret barrier unless you have an account, which I don't. they are all the friggin' same!:D

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
hee hee not your problem Bob, shit happens with couriers, I re-arranged for friday, and they texted to confirm, then at 12.30 they texted to say it would be delivered today between 11.58 and 12.58, but I phoned security rght away and they had already asked the driver if he had anything for me and he said he hadn't so they are on the lookout for him tomorrow, so should work out fine. If they do come back, just hang on to them mate and I'll pay to have them re-delivered when I get home.
All the best,
Jim

·
Registered
436 Posts
I just want a quick rant about Parcel farce 48........I wrapped up VERY safely and on board a pair of Bakelite trims that HAD survived intact for fifty plus years....only for the twats to ignore or probably,because,I had written FRAGILE all over the parcel,to break both trims.........fukin useless c**ts........and now I have to go through the whole process of pointing the finger & getting compensation for their inability to do their jobs properly.......aaaarrrgggghhhhhhhhh..............and breath.......jerry

·
Nowheresville
3,051 Posts
I just want a quick rant about Parcel farce 48........I wrapped up VERY safely and on board a pair of Bakelite trims that HAD survived intact for fifty plus years....only for the twats to ignore or probably,because,I had written FRAGILE all over the parcel,to break both trims.........fukin useless c**ts........and now I have to go through the whole process of pointing the finger & getting compensation for their inability to do their jobs properly.......aaaarrrgggghhhhhhhhh..............and breath.......jerry
Good luck with that! Our local Parcelfarce driver is actually very good, and has delivered things to me at work when they've been addressed to my home. Unfortunately you'll be dealing with their middle management jobsworths . . .

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
Back to the original post now, Bob, the tyres arrived safely the day I left for my hols and my mate received them on my behalf. Thanks once again for a great deal and for all your help. (I hope he has unwrapped them for me too! I'll be in the 'shop this afternoon)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts