Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
121 - 140 of 169 Posts

·
scavengers cc
2,897 Posts
I can't believe Dean is still alive. He was bald with a tattooed head if it's him.
Big Steve( big biker bloke with blonde hair and a tattooed back) must be about 50 now got glassed by a mate of mine at a Pete Bruce do in Elmers end of all places and i've kept my distance ever since.
Part of the rockabilly initiation was getting tattooed by Barry Louvaine in Tooting.
Best
Neil
Neil, barry louvaine died years ago, a mate got tattooed by him a couple years before he died and it was shite, 6 months later the tatt was nearly gone, the shop is still there with barry's name above it... Me i have a couple of tatts done by andy barber who i used to go to school with but there some brilliant tattooist's out there doing some fantastic artwork.....joe

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
He stuck a Geisha girl on my left arm that looked more like my nan after a week
Best
Neil
Haha. Back in those days tattooists didn't go to art school. Spit and sawdust and blood and guts. Pay your tenner and all done in 15 mins.

Anyone go to this? 1981? Some bird was spraying pepper spray and it all kicked off during the Meteors....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah i was there but i think you find it was about 85 or 86??

Haha. Back in those days tattooists didn't go to art school. Spit and sawdust and blood and guts. Pay your tenner and all done in 15 mins.

Anyone go to this? 1981? Some bird was spraying pepper spray and it all kicked off during the Meteors....

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Not my bag at all
I could never understand why psychobilly was/is liked by anyone ,but each to their own.I think Human fly(an old cramps record) is being used on a commercial at the moment(not by them)
I've got interested in the thread about could your car get into The Hayride and was wondering if my hiboy,merc or schmitt would get in. I presume you guys know the cars and it's not meant to be taken that seriously and Jerry is an old mate of mine but I would be dissapointed if any of them would not.
Best
Neil

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
Heres one of me from around 84` as usual pulling a stupid face.....its the only photo i have from those days through no fault of mine...think this was taken by my misses at the coast somewhere but where i can`t friggin remember..............joe

Is that a weave, Joe? Doesn't look like real hair.

Here's one from the vaults. You know Matt from the Hayride. Here he is in about '82 when he had hair too...

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
A lot of the girls from the time used to be rockin now they just wobble.
I watched that 6 0clock thing last night that Simon posted and it's me getting out of the red convertible with the three girls in it at the beginning whilst Roche and the Sarnos are sneering at us. You are right that is Wendy and Terry Smith's old girlfriend(I'm in a Big town playboys video dancing with her about 200 years ago)The other girl is Jamie Farqhuar's ex missus. I think my record is 2 out of 3 which isn't bad for a bloke who looks like an extra from eraserhead.
I remember on the way to cheeks me, Terry Smith,Billy Stammers,Alan Moses etc popped into the Goldsmiths Tavern in Newcross and it was gay night(honest i didn't know) and they thought Terry and Alan were the cabaret(both powerlifters with muscles on muscles and guess what...................................once again it all kicked off.
I'm having an Alzheimer moment and can't remember an old mate of mine's name. He was the spitting image of Kirk Douglas with his back covered in an Elvis tattoo.
The fight discussed earlier at the Downham was not quite who you thought it was. Do you remember Jim and his mate Smiler, well Wendy had left Jim for Terry Smith and it came to a head at the Downham. I was pissing about with Mousie and i remember looking round and seeing what I first thought was a bunch of idiots doing the conga with mr Smith leading. They were trying to hold him back after Jim had belted him.
like the picture of Dave and Andy. I always used to get them two muddled up (identical twins) and probably would if i saw them again.I must have loads of old piccies somewhere but i'll spare you all.
Best
Neil

·
Registered
107 Posts
Still a few Rockabilly spots open, I think. There was/is one in Huddersfield called "The King's Head" which my dad used to go to.

The Rockabilly scene, the whole "'50's Rocker image" is still alive today. I've seen many (younger) Rockabilly couples attend many Metal gigs and festivals I go to (quite weird, really). I'm sure there will be some at Download this year. The scene is much bigger in America, though.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
I hit the rockin' scene in Toulouse this afternoon for an alldayer and I swear I saw Crazy Cavan
Best
DjNeil

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
That "Americana" is advertising the "stars" of next years show................... The Teddies.......................FFS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bobby Sox

Hi All,

BobbySox over at Willesden, think the pub was the white horse

One over at Wood Green think it was called Rumbles

I used to go to Hemsby when it was in Caister :lol:

Cheers.

Russ.
That's right Russ. It was The White Horse. Fifties Flash used to .DJ. I used to Hang out with Fred Streeter and I've got a feeling I knew you too.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,264 Posts
Just for Piggy ;)

Gigs down at the Rock Gardens putting R&R bands on with Pyscobilly stuff just waiting for it all to kick off :)
Some down here seem to be reclaiming their Ted roots ,or Old Edwardians as they now prefer, to distance themselves from many of the scenesters. Trad within 'trad' )

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
I think there may be some others on here that went to the early Hemsby weekenders(that was a long time ago)
If you go on facebook and put in Norfolk bar memories there's some great photos from the early 80s onwards. Great times
Best
Neil

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I think there may be some others on here that went to the early Hemsby weekenders(that was a long time ago)
If you go on facebook and put in Norfolk bar memories there's some great photos from the early 80s onwards. Great times
Best
Neil
I was at the early Hemsby's, I found a police letter the other day from when I got arrested for letting off air bomb repeaters in Yarmouth town centre on Sunday morning after we'd headed into town. Rock'n'roll eh?

121 - 140 of 169 Posts