Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pete Bruce is still around, does the Rosecroft, Beauwaters clubs in kent, he djs as well as sells records..im new. this was a reply to one of DJ neils first posts,,,,,,, im reading through this post from start bear with me:incheek:......i may be a while...lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Crikey
After punk fizzled out I stumbled into Rockabilly around 1979 in the Black Bull Doncaster, DJ big Dave which was full of Teds, then the Woolpack across the market place with DJ's Ozzie and Dean? 1982ish? That's where I first bumped into Chalky the Yorkie. Red Hot 'n' Blue came up to play the Woolpack and they ended up playing in our house after as we had a party and a midnight BBQ. Down in London by 1982, lived in Manor Park so used to go to another ted pub on East Ham High st, I forget the name. Then shades at Manor House etc. Caught the early day's of Mouse at firstly the old Dingwalls 1984/5ish?, Russell Arms on Wednesday's, Boston Arms Sundays. Phoenix Friday nights. Used to drive down to the Downham Tavern on Sunday's get pissed and sleep in the Consul around the side. Went to a lot of Dave Croziers gigs in Brighton and kipped on his floor next to his rottweiler, he's still going. The Camden workers really was something in its heyday. I've kept lots of the old flyers. I still go to the odd Rockin' do when I get chance, no substitute for hearing vinyl being played at full tilt.
we must of met!! Ossie is still in kent nowadays, he looks like father christmas... Dean is in Wales married with a few kids, seen him a few times lately with family, they havea caravan park in wales!
Ted pub in east ham must be Burnell Arms ..was featured in the Teds book a lot! I met chalky when i was 11....at an all dayer in Leicester, Leeds teds had a coach there i was with my dad and friends, he is back in York now and an artist, IBlack bull and woolie were my regulars till about 83/84 started going down London a lot..Pheonix, claredone etc Tom Ingram put us up mostly... i moved down 88. worked at Camden workers, Dingwalls,town and country , city and boston arms... as well as going out to fortisimos, russell arms and any other Rockin gigs about...lol

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
I went to school with Tom Ingram
I used to go to the Phoenix,Sunset club,clarendon and the rest you mentioned.
Fortisimo was a bit different.Rohan has started putting on nights again
13th Dec for the Dingwalls christmas reunion

·
Registered
3 Posts
No most of us lot went to ANDY'S on tulse hill at the junction of water lane. I can remember being in there and every person waiting was there for a flat top LOL.....And he is still there.
I went there a couple of times back then but it was too far for me. Some of my mates from Shepherd's Bush (I wasn't from there either) used to go to an old boy called Harold. He used to have a curtain behind which was an old iron bucket into which he'd periodically disappear to take a piss. When he did that you could hear the piss tinkling into his bucket. People from that area I remember include Cliff, Paddy, Angel and Pete Donaghy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is Rex still around selling records? i expect his dad is long gone?
I used to also get stuff from Moondog records on East Ham high st (Barney?) and Bim Bam records
Rex is still alive and living in Dorset last I heard (not too long ago). I don't think he's doing records now. He isn't the type to do mail order, let alone the internet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haha. Back in those days tattooists didn't go to art school. Spit and sawdust and blood and guts. Pay your tenner and all done in 15 mins.

Anyone go to this? 1981? Some bird was spraying pepper spray and it all kicked off during the Meteors....

Wasn't it one of that Putney lot that went and go a tattoo with Mac Curtis's name on his arm. However he was too pissed to notice that the tattooist had misheard and gave him 'Matt Curtis'. Oh dear!

·
Registered
2 Posts
southend lane and whitefoot lane? if so its now a block of flats LOL.

Just a quick side note......the song "7 nights to rock" always makes me laugh when i play it, its like a reminder of a full weeks rocking.....and the line......Friday at the chatterbox...LOL swan & sugarloaf me up

apple pan dowdy
[/QUOTE]
You must be as old as me if you remember the Greyhound suite.The Royalty was a good night. I remember a bloke called Pete Bruce used to have a record stall there. I can't remember who the Dj was (perhaps 50s flash who used to do the Squire in Catford)It then became dominated by Tom ingram who I'm meeting back up with beginning of April. Don't tell me you are the lead singer with crazy cavern.
Best
Neil
I worked with Mike crazy cavern in pill Newport what a great guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
The squire....is that the one at the bottom of southend lane and whitefoot lane? if so its now a block of flats LOL.

Just a quick side note......the song "7 nights to rock" always makes me laugh when i play it, its like a reminder of a full weeks rocking.....and the line......Friday at the chatterbox...LOL swan & sugarloaf me up

apple pan dowdy
Used to go to chatterbox at the Swan and sugger loaf also the gun and behind East Croydon train station bloody Great times

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rex is still alive and living in Dorset last I heard (not too long ago). I don't think he's doing records now. He isn't the type to do mail order, let alone the internet!
If you remember moondog records and know about crazy cavern then you'll know my dad Brian Wells, the voice of who's there in knock knock, and sadly passed away last year. An absolute rockabilly legend. If anyone has any stories, pics, vids of him I am trying to collect for a tribute

161 - 169 of 169 Posts