Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,401 Posts
that sounds killer - got any pics?

was it this one?
I think that was an Eastern Cruiser car........... Whiney Bill comes to mind, don't know his real name.

·
Registered
805 Posts
loving this thread - almost brings a tear to my eye -sob sob..... i remember going to belle vue as a kid, once with my dad who wasn't interested at all but gave in to my constant nagging! and once with a mate and his dad. cant remember the years though, but do recognise a lot of these cars in the pictures. i do remember being awestruck at the cars and feeling somewhat embarassed (as a kid remember) seeing a car (striptease??) with a mural of a naked woman painted on it - or is this just my immagination? if it was 1979 i would only be 10yr old. ahh the memories. :tup: steve.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used to go when it was on and call at a small custom van shop on the way,Stockport area i think. Found my Old car sticker,and also my Airbrushing books, THE ART OF CUSTOM PAINTING .

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Hi rodger i used to go to the belleveu shows and had a fantastic time each year,then years later in the ninties i worked in trafford park there was this young lad worked in our offices one day i was talking to him about my hobby of hotrods during which he told me about his dad running a hotrod show at bellevue. At this time i was running a hotrod show at my sons school in worsley with the help of the guys from rainy city cruisers,i asked your son to se if you would open the show for us that year ,and you agreed to do it.it was great to see you back where you belonged i think you enjoyed catching up with some of the guys who showed cars at your shows.anyway i think i have some photos in my loft i seem to remember a beetle called walnut creek was this at one of your shows also sonic /roaring rat etc i will try to find them for you.cheers glyn

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi rodger i used to go to the belleveu shows and had a fantastic time each year,then years later in the ninties i worked in trafford park there was this young lad worked in our offices one day i was talking to him about my hobby of hotrods during which he told me about his dad running a hotrod show at bellevue. At this time i was running a hotrod show at my sons school in worsley with the help of the guys from rainy city cruisers,i asked your son to se if you would open the show for us that year ,and you agreed to do it.it was great to see you back where you belonged i think you enjoyed catching up with some of the guys who showed cars at your shows.anyway i think i have some photos in my loft i seem to remember a beetle called walnut creek was this at one of your shows also sonic /roaring rat etc i will try to find them for you.cheers glyn
... the little show at the school in worsley was great .. i used to go every year .. lots of fun .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I thought it was about time I gave a little update on where I am with the book....

It is nearly finished, well subject to the editor making sense of my ramblings and the layout artist turning it from a shambles into something presentable and then the printer.... and so on.

Loads of people have contributed, and if you are tempted, then the deadline for them is May 20th, which then gives me a whole month before I pass the whole thing onto the above-mentioned folks. I really appreciate all the support that you people have shown.

I don't think I would have attempted to do this had it not been for the welcome shown to me at Worsley (thanks Glyn) and then much later at Billing (last year) and the ongoing support from Russ D, Mopar, Nick Pettitt, Nick Butler and Mike M.

Nearly there.....

Rodger

[email protected]

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know I am resurrecting an old thread, but I was at the 78 Bell Vue show with my Mk1 Capri twin cam. I shared the stand with the V8 milk float, my Mrs was pregnant with our first child and it was fingers crossed she didn't give birth . I went with a few of the guys and their cars from the Valley Vans and Cruisers Custom club, the only one I can remember was the chopped straight six 55 Austin van. It would be great if anyone had any more pics of the show as I never had a camera back then.

Mick

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think I must be suffering from old timers disease as I never went to Belle View Manchester in 78. It was the Birmingham Custom Car Show in 78 but I can't remember the venue name so if anyone out there can help with any pics or info I would be most grateful.

Mick or am I lol.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Surprised this thread seems to have gone to sleep.
Roger is so important to the history of this whole thing that we need to 'wake it up' again.
There must be thousands of memories and photos out there.
And is the book out there?

81 - 97 of 97 Posts