Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what's happening with rodandclassicmart /
Tried logging on a few times today and just get some web hosting company bollocks,.

Des

·
Registered
400 Posts
spoke to russ who runs it.

he was unaware and has no idea whats happened.

he knows nothing about websites and just updated it for the previous owner.

·
Registered
695 Posts
yep not sure whats up , have spoken to my mate Mark who knows about these things and he reckons its paid up till november 2010 so it can`t be that, waiting to hear back from Ray who used to run the site to see if he can shed any light on it, hopefully just be something simple ,
Russ

·
Registered
695 Posts
still no further forward with it, hope to have it sorted soon, i`m now away to do sone real work

·
Registered
695 Posts
not sure Simon, it turns out that Ray had paid up the host for 2 years just before i took over the site, that ran out last week and they contacted he said that he no longer oned the site that i did and i have my own server, he thought i`d changed to use another host, this was all unkown to me an if Ray had known i hadn`t chenged he woulda paid iut an got the money from me, upshot is its shut down i tried ciontacting them over the weekend but got nowhere, i`m just in from work so getting soimweone tonight will be slim, so you`ll just have to bear wi me and hopefully i`ll get it soted out as soon as i can,
Russ

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Russ,

I may be able to provide hosting, would just need to know some traffic figures first so no problems there. The difficult bit is if they've removed all the files associated with the account. They 'may' have backups of all the hosted accounts but a lot of hosts don't on shared servers :tdown:

I'm pretty sure fasthosts don't :(

One thing to check would be whether they've just removed the DNS entries or if they've removed the whole account as well. Some hosts will remove the DNS but leave the actual data there for a month or so.

Do you have any backups of the site ?

As above, give me a yell if you need any help getting the site back up or got any Q's about it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
o.k. Simon, i`m hopefully home at a decent hour tonight so if i can`t get it sorted out i`ll give you a call, i still have the last pages i uploaded to the site for each section .
Russ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts