Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fat 'n' Loud
4,766 Posts
Ah yes, that reminds me of an episode I would rather forget from the NASC Nats when it was still in Essex. Not only was I wearing a lovely brown floral number but I (along with another half a dozen) got up on stage in the marquee for the fancy dress. I also remember us all feeling it appropriate to simultaneously get our tackle out. After all that we didn't even win.
What baffles me is not that we all got drunk enough to put women's clobber on and then get nekkid in front of 2000 drunken idiots, but that someone had the foresight to bring along a good selection of frocks and accessories 'just in case'.
The worst part was next day (not because of the hangover), looking around the trade stands when a women looked at me for a bit and then said "oh it's you, I didn't recognise you with your pants on".
One image that scares me to death still was Spatula wearing a flowery frock, pearl necklace, wide brimmed church hat, foundry boots and a gas mask.

Luckily no photographic evidence survives (hope to Christ) of me, however I do have a couple of others which are stored in a safe place in case I ever need them...

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,677 Posts
Smoke city in dresses,,,,,,,, again!

found this pic from the essex NASC nats,
taken after the men in dresses football match,

one of our members, Angie, would buy dresses from the charity shop,
each dress would be got for a particular member, with a few spares for passers by,

still remember seeing Roger Butterworth (2nd left) sitting at the m'hula's outdoor bar in the early hours, chomping on a cigar & swigging on a beer on his own,with pink sprayed hair,,,,,,,,,,,,, still in his dress:tup:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have a video of Mr. Layton in his Laura ashley dress (and hat) on the MONDAY collecting his trophy for the anglia van. Methinks he liked that outfit a little too much!! I wish I knew how to transfer from video!!! (one day)!!!

Charlie!!

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,677 Posts
I have a video of Mr. Layton in his Laura ashley dress (and hat) on the MONDAY collecting his trophy for the anglia van. Methinks he liked that outfit a little too much!! I wish I knew how to transfer from video!!! (one day)!!!

Charlie!!
Charlie, how much d'ya want the cheque made out for?
or do i have to kill you:sniper::D

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
& HERES BOB THE SCHOOLBOY ROTHWELL WITH AN UNKNOWN TO ME RODDER IN DRAG, THINK IT WAS AN EASTERN CRUISERS MEET??, ARE YOU OUT THERE MARTY?:smoke:

CHEERS TO MARTY BABB FOR THE PIC, RIP BOB...WE MISS YOU:sniff:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.