Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I'm from Estland, Tallinn. You probably don't have any members from here. Because custom culture is just starting here, me and couple of friends are the first swallows in the field of traditional rodding here. Couple of years ago we found ourselves a warehouse, that is our workshop now. First car we built was '63 mercury, it is followed by '48 chevy coupe (should get to streets this summer in mock up form, in primer, maybe finished next summer) and Model A pickup (built from different found parts, hope to get registered in autumn).
Last year we named our shed the

Rocketship Factory!

And ofcourse I claim it to be the greatest workshop on the continent, with best people, best attitude, best style! :cool:

I'll post more later, if you're interested.

Al

RSF

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, here's the pics of Mercury.

crazyformercurys.com - Custom '63

For best to describe, it is a mild custom, the most radical is the headlight bezel treatment. Other than that it is lowered (leveling system added to the rear) and de-chromed. Ofcourse all the rust is fixed by cuting and welding. Paint didn't come out as good as it should, some wavyness can be seen. And bumpers are possibly the most ugly parts in there.
But all in all, it's a great street cruiser.

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
I've just a look at your Mercury and I'm liking it. That must be a pretty rare car over there. Are there many people in Estonia who drive rods or customs or undertand what they're all about? I expect finding the right parts is quite hard.

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just a look at your Mercury and I'm liking it. That must be a pretty rare car over there. Are there many people in Estonia who drive rods or customs or undertand what they're all about? I expect finding the right parts is quite hard.

Good luck with everything.
Thanks. There is about 20-30 persons who know something about rodding and customs, others see it as a cool cars or something. But it is growing in here. Ofcourse there is quite a problem with finding parts, everything is overseas ordering or hand made.

Whitch brings it to my Rod build. I have gathered parts for it for 2years, and last winter I started to build it. I'll post some pics from March. All the shiny sheetmetal is new and hand-formed, when rusty parts are found from different places. I am specially proud of the self made doors.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Cool stuff, you're doing a great job. It is very hard to get into this hobby/lifestyle when you basically have no hot rod culture or suppliers or materials available easily. I live in the Philippines and there are a whole bunch of basically stock yank cars and muscle cars here, but there is next to nothing about hot rods. I am going to start a hot rod club when mine is finally on the road, though I will probably be the only active member. :D

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Hi and welcome to RNS. You should be proud of the job you've done on the door, it looks fantastic. Looks like you've got a lot of work still to do though, keep up the good work. I was never very good at geography, what part of the world is Estland in ? All the best Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.