Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Romsey's 10th annual boxing day classic car & bike meet. Customs & yanks invite

Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right room to post this in but hope is ok. Can I just remind folks that this event is on again & is in fact our tenth year. Anyone that knows me well, knows my true love is in vintage yanks, rods & customs & I would especially like to see a whole bunch here again this year if you can make it? The event amazingly attracts 400 plus cars & in excess of 150 bikes in four cold hours on Boxing Day. I have run and self financed this FREE event up til recent years when Adrian Flux have helped out with the running costs. We do though have a charity collection for PROSTATE CANCER if you care to donate to this worthy cause. For full details & vehicle classifications please check out my website here

2011 Poster - ROMSEY'S ANNUAL BOXING DAY CLASSIC CAR & BIKE MEET

Hope to see some of you Boxing Day. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
:tup: definately be there!! always a great turn out....if you have never been come along and get away from the washing up!!..lol!!

·
Why isn't it 1963?
539 Posts
Absolutely we will be there Steve! Any chance of saving the old girl her space again?
Paul

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looking forward to it. If you have not been before get there early as it always gets filled to capacity with hundreds of vehicles and bikes.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have been for the last 2 years, great event! I doin't mind the cold, fingers crossed for the dry! Kripfink, be great to see your truck there again, it looks stunning!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
were gonna try and get down for it steve, as were at home boxing day this year, sadly wont have the truck but maybe you can sort us out a nice spot in the middle of the show
for the rav 4:D
just been reading the maybe last one article, whats wrong with these fuck wits:shake:

steve&lisa

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone know an M Stevens? If so thank him for ruining my day with his following post on my website ( please do feel free to add your comments regards his post on the website folks :-

M Stevens 2011.12.24 13:51
Sadly I dissagree your no 80s or 90s ruling as some stuff from then is getting rare now and if we are going to attract young enthusiast to our hobby then you should cater for them. But its your party... soooo Wickham it is ! ( for the record I own vehicles from the 50s 60s and 90s) and wonder would you turn away a Ford RS200 from the 80,s away ?

My Reply:-

Mr Stevens, if you had bothered to read the website and the fact that Romsey is a small town not a city, you will have read that we have limited space for approximately 4 - 500 cars and that I have already increased the classification year from 1973 - 1976 but space restricts us from doing so any further. I do feel 1893 - 1976 is quite a spread of vehicle years and that that 83 years probably holds a lot more interesting vehicles than the short time period you are splitting hairs over.
Enjoy Wickham, and if you do not enjoy that, can I suggest you start your own free admission to all show for post 1976 cars, spend hours working on it from May onwards each year, throw your own money at it for ten years ..................... only to have someone with say a 58 Buick get arssy with YOU on Christmas Eve by not liking YOUR "party" criteria.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Mr Stevens sounds like he's been at the sherry. Stuff from the 90's is getting rare? Like. whatever..... So he reckons people want to drive all the way to Southampton in the hope of seeing a 1999 Fiat Brava?! :puke:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
dont let him ruin your day steve, just another one of them knowall, been there, done it all, whingers, proberly best hes not there,moaning and pissing people off who
are trying to enjoy themselfs.
steve

off to leave a mesage on your web site:tup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts