1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SG57 
#1 ·
Ronnie-Boys Nova

Ill let Ron fill in the details

.....:tup:

Bob…..

See less See more
#2 ·
that was a stout car !-last shot is unusual,not seen Ron outa stockings for a long time !,Bry

#3 ·
Wow you've got more pictures of it than I have Bob :lol: ...

It was 1986 , I had a strong desire to own a Pro Street 66/67 Nova so saved all my pennies and sold all my worldly possessions and headed to the States.
I was lucky enough to have been invited over by Alan Thornton at Flatlanders Hot Rods in Va.Beach (good friend of Dave Palmers :pmsl: ) and he and his wife really looked after me for a month .
Spent days scouring every newspaper ad and magazine I could find and Alan spent hours on the phone in our search for a Nova but for the first 2 weeks drew a blank . We went to Maple Grove Raceway for the Super Chevy Sunday weekend and there were a couple there for sale but they were both post cars and I had my heart set on a hardtop.
We got back to Va.Beach and my search was getting frantic as my time to fly home was getting closer , I almost bought a 9 second pro street 65 El Camino but the shippers classed it as a truck and the extra $$'s put it just beyond my budget . Got down to the last four days and Alan got a call from a guy in NC with a lead on a Pro Street 67 Nova , one of Alan's local buddys ran a transport business so me and him jumped in the rollback and headed to NC to check it out .
Needless to say it fulfilled all my requirements and a deal was done , I done a few small jobs back at Alan's shop and then took it straight to Norfolk Ro-Ro terminal ...

...and two weeks later picked it up from Seaforth :tup: :D

HAHA I'll have you know they were genuine vintage 50's Tony Lamas :incheek::D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.