Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my pop has original speedo linked to the auto box of a rover v8.....to say its inacurate is an understatement!......i have a jag xj series 3 electronic speedo in the shed...can i get an electronic drive to fit the rover box?? looks like only 3 wires to connect.....will a jag drive fit the rover box??

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,143 Posts
my pop has original speedo linked to the auto box of a rover v8.....to say its inacurate is an understatement!......i have a jag xj series 3 electronic speedo in the shed...can i get an electronic drive to fit the rover box?? looks like only 3 wires to connect.....will a jag drive fit the rover box??
The trouble is that the speedo will still be inaccurate . The reading is based on tpm ( turns per mile ) and that will be affected by the diff ratio and overall tyre size. Best bet is to get the speedo recalibrated to suit or choose an electronic unit that will work from sensors on eth propshaft.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers kev..just thought that as i have jag rear end it might be fairly accurate with a jag speedo?

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
cheers vince that is perfect!....just have to wait till they get some in stock now!
They often come up on ebay, I paid around £18 for mine but without the subscription which you can buy on line from the company for £3.95 mth but all i wanted mine for was the speedo so im not worried about the speed camera part

There is a video of the new version of the unit on their web site but i dont know if its just their vid or orthe new unit but i prefer the 1 i have :tup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts