Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

After either a bellhousing or information on making something that'll work (heard about auto rover bellhousings and an adaptor?) so I can drop a V8 into my Capri and retain the original Type 5 V6 4 speed box.

Any help would be great, located in Essex but can travel/ arrange a courier.

Cheers!
Matt

·
Registered
681 Posts
they where made with a bw auto rover bellhousing and adaptor plate from memory the thickness of the spacer plate was around an inch thick

·
Registered
130 Posts
try Magnum Engineering, don't think they do them anymore but may have a pattern or drawings.
I had one of these on a Stag/Rover V8 conversion 30 years ago. They were called AutoPowerServices then. Check the indexing of the adapter plate VERY carefully as on mine it would hang up on the input shaft.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello I have one of what you are after, as I too was going to fit a v8 in my Capri but didn't happen, I bought a smashed v8 Capri that had a four speed on the back, I also have a rover to cosworth t5 adapter, but I'm sure I have still got the adapter plate for the four speed unfortunately it's in storage and I can't lay my hands on it for a while. You can make me an offer for it if you like, I think it's a rover v8 bell housing with an adapter plate bolted to the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts