Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent quite awhile looking around the 'net for a supplier of a range of bonded automotive bushes with little luck. Anyone know of sources ?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi superflex do a range of poly bushes,I suppose you could make up your own sleeves,all depends on what youre realy looking for..cheers DAVE

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
How about that place in Stafford you put me on to Kev?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's trying to find the application first Sid ,looking for a bush to meet a spec rather than one for a specific vehicle.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi ,i changed my poly bushes to metilastic bushes(bonded rubber/metal) I used landrover ones and I get a bag o ten for £34 from a local dealer
Had to alter the fourbar to the new dia and the bolt holes are 14mm and not half inch .... Can get sizes for you if you require this ...ps my poly bushes lasted less that 6 months .. and im on the first set off metilastic ones and they are fine with a good few launches at the drags ....
Andy

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Reg, I'll chcek that out. Only realised who you are the other day, blast from the past or what ! LOL

·
Registered
189 Posts
if its a really techie question you may have to ask the factory.there was avon rubber in melksham, not the tyre company but another. vibration systems, something like that.

·
Flange Dealer
642 Posts
When I was building coal screening equipment , back in the day , we used to get bushes from a firm called Silentblok. Might be worth a search. Might be worth trying different spellings too :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts