Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rust Obsessive
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In need of a trim supplier for door window rubbers on my (late, don't ask:incheek:) truck. Can anyone recommend one or some UK suppliers of US window/rubber trims? Found some stateside but for the cost it may work out the same getting some over here? It's getting to the point where a bad bump could rattle the windows into shattering (or I get fed up so much of the rattling......:shake:)

Cheers:tup:

·
Rust Obsessive
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chaps, Stew I have priced it at Steele prior to posting hence wondering if that sort of money could be spent over here. Will try the other one though.:tup:

·
Sheep Shagger
858 Posts
Just bought a rubber trim (the one that fits along the top of the door, where your arm rests) for my Firebird, and it was £65.00. I didn't think this was too bad, but it needs 2 so the other side will have to wait till I get more cash.
Think I'll check a few places out. Not sure if you can get universal ones, or what they'll look like.

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
In need of a trim supplier for door window rubbers on my (late, don't ask:incheek:) truck. Can anyone recommend one or some UK suppliers of US window/rubber trims? Found some stateside but for the cost it may work out the same getting some over here? It's getting to the point where a bad bump could rattle the windows into shattering (or I get fed up so much of the rattling......:shake:)

Cheers:tup:
Ok, let's hear what truck it is, makes no difference really, as it's automotive, and that's why we're here innit.

Is the glass flat or curved?

I had problems with sourcing rubbers, ended up using Woolies and getting new glass cut, so no scratches.

Try here

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-122-screen-section.aspx

Andy

·
Rust Obsessive
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's an '83 F150 shortbed.

I'd say the glass is pretty well flat. Every time I go over rough road (that's most of Bristol!) Another bit of the long - been brittle sealing trims falls out! Will be glad when I can get the new front end in & have some decent spec suspension - the IBeam/radius arm design is crap and bottoms out everywhere.:shake::tdown:

Cheers for the link.:tup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts