Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not very hotrod i know but is anyone familiar with them ??
just been to look at a soft top 900 turbo thats been stored for a couple of years,
took along a new battery and she fired up almost instantly and sounded sweet
but..
when I pushed the clutch pedal down it stayed down !! had another quick look around the engine and the clutch fluid appears to be pouring out on the floor from under the front of the engine,
iv never had to work on one of these before so although a new slave cylinder and clutch doesnt sound too bad I really cant be bothered with it if its an engine out job to sort

can anyone shed any light on it for me please ??

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
If it's a 9000 series then it's a centre release slave cylinder. The trans isn't that bad to come out. It has a hinged crossmember to take the trans out. The bastard job is bleeding the cylinder after fitting.You'll need to use a pressure bleeder and it'll want 40psi + to get the air out of the sucker..

·
gas hog
261 Posts
If it's a 9000 series then it's a centre release slave cylinder. The trans isn't that bad to come out. It has a hinged crossmember to take the trans out. The bastard job is bleeding the cylinder after fitting.You'll need to use a pressure bleeder and it'll want 40psi + to get the air out of the sucker..
spot on there andy thats what i had to put in to the resevoir in my 9000 aero to get the air out, pity all this modern stuff dont have a hinged crossmember, would help us grease monkeys out when pulling gearboxes out :!: if this 900,s a late model it will have a fixed crossmember being GM underneath

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys :tup:

its the classic 900 with the box underneath, iv done a bit of googling and found out most of the info i need, looks like that without the slave cyl working it will be a bit fiddly as you need to compress the clutch to get it out - just like an ole mk2 cavalier then :D
i'll price the bits up tomorrow and go back to see the guy to see if a deal can be had

thanks again :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.