Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sit up n beg pop ha front suspension has decided to lower itself almost to bump stops today, just sat in garage too. It has a sbc engine and no mods to the ha set up. Does this mean the leaf spring has lost the will to live? And wants me to get a new one....

1,422 Posts
A decent spring remanufacture should be able to help,West Midlands would be Jones springs.

I have SBC on HA Viva front since 1986,you have to keep an eye on them as they operating over their weight limit,you certainly have to have supports out to the upper A arm / shocker mounts.

Most likely if it has suddenly dropped ,a leaf may have broken.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks captin s, I guess I will find out when it's removed,which I'm hoping isn't going to be a battle . How are things with the mysterons?

1,422 Posts
Thanks captin s, I guess I will find out when it's removed,which I'm hoping isn't going to be a battle . How are things with the mysterons?
Well,you know it's ongoing,the Mysterons are very much like humans ,they never learn or change.

The trick assembling the leaf spring back on is to just put a nut on the end of the long bottom arm pivot bracket bolts (the four 3/8unf ones) as a loose assembly (trolley jack lifting the one spring eye into place) then tighten the pivot bolts up last pulling the spring up into place,recheck these bolts after a short test drive. Removal is the reverse of this.:tup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts