Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Afternoon :smoke:

I have stumbled over this site after a 'conversation' on a UK Jeep forum (birtydastards.com) about shipping engines and was pointed this way, so before I have a browse seems polite to say hello - so hello :D

Im into AMC era Jeeps, have a half a doz at the moment, with 3 that are life keepers - a CJ7, J10, Cherokee Chief SJ - and the 2 of the keepers have an AMC 401 (Im sure u know but its a 6.6 V8 ) and the other one has an AMC 360 (5.9 V8 ), all mildly modified with edelbrock performer inlet and carbs, plus HEI dizzy (DUI eventually). They are used off road for weekenders etc so they are lifted and modified for that use but wont bore you with that.

So anyway, I had a spare 401 for the 3rd keeper but times got tight a few months ago and I had to sell it, the wolves at the door had a battering ram, but now that is sorted Im looking for another, and shipping is the obvious route as I cant find any more in the UK - it took me 5yrs to track down the ones I have got - and that is how I got pointed here. TBH Im thinking of shipping a few so I have spares.

Im also looking for a US truck for the Mrs and 4 kids, so it has to be 6 seats minimum, but even harder is that it needs to be RHD as she wont entertain a lefty, at the moment it looks like a 97 Suburban 5.7 V8 will be the winner as its the only thing I can find that ticks all the boxes, but Im still hoping something else will turn up.

Anyway, that's me, im living in sunny Kent, have to work for a living unfortunately and do a 140 mile round trip to get to work so have have to use a hideous piece of junk to get to work, so my long term aspiration is to get a job closer to home so I can drive a Jeep to work, or even better, buy myself something from the 70's that's a bit lower, faster, and Yank.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Welcome to Rods'n'Sods, put up some pics when you get round to it, everybody loves a Jeep.

Rog.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
i dont but put them up anyway...:incheek:

welcome aboard Bill.

Sid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts