Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I have just been given this photo of an Aston Martin DB4GT at Santa Pod in 1965. In an unbelievable coincidence I am going to a party this weekend in Germany hosted by the present owner of the same car reg number 1 GRE.

It is now worth upwards of £1,000,000. It was about 6 years old (I think it's a1959)when the photo was taken.
Appologies with my lack of skill with the scanner, i'll go back and try to improve it.

Rog.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hello Roger. Wow. That is a big coinsidence. Enjoy your party. Fabulous picture. Now of course I want to see more of what was there then.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Roger. Wow. That is a big coinsidence. Enjoy your party. Fabulous picture. Now of course I want to see more of what was there then.
The guy who gave it to me says that he has loads more. He used to take his road car, a mini I think to race reguarly at the Pod.

Rog.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Great old pic the first days of Santa Pod. Be great to see more Rog. See if you can borrow them and scan.:tup: p.s. Here is a Mini at the Pod about 1966 i wonder if its his? Or the next one also 1966ish.

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
Great old pic the first days of Santa Pod. Be great to see more Rog. See if you can borrow them and scan.:tup: p.s. Here is a Mini at the Pod about 1966 i wonder if its his? Or the next one also 1966ish.

If that second pic is from '66, then that Nova (it is a Nova isn't it?) wouldn't have been too old at the time.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Looks like a Dodge / Plymouth:beuj:, not sure what model though Redmad. Someone put me out of my misery, feeling like I should know it straight away and don't bloody annoying feeling.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
My first trip was in 1966 and I remember drooling over a black 57 Chevy 2dr hdtp that an American serviceman was running there.Alphabet Alex has a shitload of pics from those days,I wish he'd come on and put them up.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My first trip was in 1966 and I remember drooling over a black 57 Chevy 2dr hdtp that an American serviceman was running there.Alphabet Alex has a shitload of pics from those days,I wish he'd come on and put them up.
There was a thread with photos about that Black '57 fairly recently. It was the first time that I had seen it. It was certainly the first Big Block '57 in the UK and one of the first anywhere.

Rog.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To both the Kens, when I get back from Germany i'll try to get more photos from him.

Rog.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rog see if there is any good yanks for sale bazzr
No chance Barry, where i'm going it's all Astons and all out of my league. I'll take Kens advice and stick to the La-De-Dahs.

Rog.

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
....Moving on to 1968

I found this in an old Drag Racing & Hot Rod mag from 1968, an article about "The New Look Santa Pod", taking on a "Southern Californian" look!!!

Some famous names listed..........!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts