Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we all travel 30,000+ miles a year in my office, the younger guys often do many more.

One of the young guys today rang into the office as he couldn't find the road he was looking for. When asked where he was, turned out he was in the wrong town 50 miles away.

Why?

The name of the town on the sat nav looked similar to the one he needed! :wanker:

we were speechless. :shake: :shake:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Spent 13 years as a service engineer driving all over the north of england, scotland and occasionally on the south coast in the days before sat nav. Can't ever remember not finding my way to any jobs. Some people rely too heavily on technology and have stopped thinking for themselves :shake:

Can't help thinking features like the automatic breaking which stops your volvo from hitting an elephant or something are going to cause some people to stop looking where they are going or using their brake pedal at all.

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Things used to get cocked up before sat navs.
Years ago I worked for a company that used to run out of what is now Lakeside shopping centre & they used to employ all the McDonalds regects in the office.
I took a load to Middlesborough & found the local cop shop to give me directions. "Lived here all my life & that roads not up here son" said da fuzz.
When I phoned in (no mobiles then either) the dumb bimbo said " oh that should say Middlesex ! Are they near each other ?. The one I done before was Middlesborough & I thought they were the same" !
I had to put the phone down cos I was speachless ! :grr::slap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts