Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the shortest water pump I can get for my small block? The one I've got now is 6 inches long, and its only about an 8th away from rad in my 100e.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Without going out into the dark, that sounds about the same length as mine (!!!) I don't think they do a shorter one, but I stand to be corrected...

Is yours the same as this:

Guy

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Silly question, but can you trim the front panel a bit and move the rad forwards a touch???

Just an idea...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Silly question, but can you trim the front panel a bit and move the rad forwards a touch???

Just an idea...
Yeah might get away with trimming front panel a bit, still going to be tight.
Although don't surpose having a small block in 100e is going to be anything other than tight.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Yeah might get away with trimming front panel a bit, still going to be tight.
Although don't surpose having a small block in 100e is going to be anything other than tight.
True, unless you wanna sit where the back seat was...:shake:

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Ooh, just thought, if you get the latest issue of PPC, it tells you how Charlie Broomfield fiied a water pump from a central heating system to their 302 powered Transit...

Just an idea...:eek:

·
Gear Jammer
234 Posts
I think the 5.0 Explorer is the shortest factory option. But I dont know about rotation clockwise/anti and timing cover fitment with the earlier blocks..food for thought though :?:
Stewart Components are said to be shorter..4 options but no dimentions.:?:http://www.stewartcomponents.com/index.html
Or find a Ford racing M-8501-E3515 If its still available...may be discontinued.
Here's a Milodon one from summit..how does it measure up?

I expect yours is stock non reverse rotation, this may do it. The M-8501-E351S

STREET ROD SHORT V-BELT WATER PUMP $130 http://thefordsource.com/store/motorsports/water_pumps.htm
Fits 289/302/351W Driver-side radiator hose inlet Provides approx. 1.5" of space at the front of the engine allowing for more radiator to fan clearance without a recessed fire wall Must use with long style (3.950") 4-bolt damper. Can also use M-6316-A50 or M-6316-C351 with appropriate spacer. See page 124 .750" pulley pilot shaft Fits M-6059-D351 timing chain cover

·
Fat 'n' Loud
4,766 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts