Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to get a scanner, mostly for scanning old photos, one with good resolution so I can enlarge/crop photos.
Question is do i buy a scanner/printer or a stand alone scanner and what is the best one out there [without breaking the bank] ?

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
I have an Epson Stylus DX4000 printer/scanner, (a few years old now), but it is brilliant for both scanning and printing. The resolution it is capable of is more than adequate for your needs.

It only cost me £35.00 from Tesco.

I would look around for something similar, but not one that uses more than 4 ink cartridges though.

Some more expensive ones can scan slides too, but if you don't need that, go for the cheaper one

Cheers
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
i use an epson sx200 scanner / printer it does all that i need but thinking of changing for a wireless one so we can print from the laptop as well..
seen a epson wireless scanner printer at tesco for £39.99 will go abd get one on the way home tomorrow night...

steve

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
I can confirm that Epson scanners are good. I've got the same model as Ron (THE POP SHOP) above and it's still working well after 5+ years.

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Just to buck the trend.
I have had several Epsom printers that died before they should have. After the last one, I vowed not to buy another Epsom product (should have stayed making salts) so I decided to get a combined scanner & printer and went for an HP C8180 (now a few years old and going strong) Ink life is really good, does excellent photos, and will print wirelessly so gets a :tup: from me.

·
fixin your car
935 Posts
you could go realy cheep and use a bright room and take photos of them behind glass and no flash

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had two hp all in one's and both died . I now have a epson stylus sx425w all in one , so far so good . some of the family have kodak all in one's and are well pleased

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
I had two hp all in one's and both died . I now have a epson stylus sx425w all in one , so far so good . some of the family have kodak all in one's and are well pleased
Ive got 2 HPs (also got a D1600 that I use mobile. It's just a simple 2 cartridge printer) and both work fine.
Just goes to show-
"Yer pays yer money, and yer takes yer choice"!

Not tried Kodak but their inks are cheap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts