Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what the difference is in the rolling chassis between the se5 scimitar and the se6? just got some idea about dropping a 32 sedan body on one and wonderd which if any would be the better choice, any thoughts?

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Hi,

I am not sure which would suit best,the 5/5a is a bit narrower and shorter than the 6/6a/6b

Dimensions for SE5
Wheelbase 92.5"
Track Front 51.5"
Track Rear 50.5"

I dont have the SE6 dimensions to hand but i think it was 4" longer wheelbase and also wider on the track the outriggers were also wider although these could be altered relatively easily.

If you are using the scimitar axles probably best with a non overdrive manual axle as it has the higher ratio.

Regards.

Russ.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Vince, the gold one is a model A.
IFS was later taken off and replaced with beam/tube.

Problem with the se5 is the wheelbase is too short for an A or B Ford body, plus side is that it would be road tax free.

se6 is a longer wheelbase and more suited, however I doubt you would have room for front fenders if you stayed with the ugly IFS.

Willys body fits good on one of these (not sure if its the 5 or 6 model)

·
Registered
917 Posts
The SE6 has a whellbase of 103.8 according to my info.
I think the SE5 is around 6"shorter,definately not suitable for what you are thinking of.Would get away with it using an A body.
No SVA worries,just notify of a body change...
I have an SE6 in my yard that is donating its chassis and suspension to my Willys project...

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
103.5" wheelbase on a Model A

106" wheelbase on a model B

So really only good for an A or a Willys if you want to be as close to the correct wheelbase as poss' that is.

·
Enthusiastic Amateur
754 Posts
Ian,
I think you have looked at our project 'Cheap Skate 32' project before. If you want a look at it to see a 32 (although a roadster one) on a Scimitar let me know it's in Holywell just outside Whitley.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Vince, the gold one is a model A.
IFS was later taken off and replaced with beam/tube.)
Sorry

Typical of me thats twice ive done that recently rushing to find the thread and getting myself in a mucking fuddle

The gold one is an A
(whats worse it was in the title of the thread im a :wanker:) :pmsl:

Kim thanks for pointing it out and making me feel as silly as i made my self look :oops: :sniff:

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Vince, I wasnt trying to make you look silly, only to point out that the reason that body fits a on scimitar chassis is that it is an A, hence a better fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi mate i had a scimitar chassi gave me a year ago and intend putting a morris minor on it but its a bit rotten so i thought ill buy another chassis which i did today but its wider than the one ive allready got so i dont no if thats the differance thanks gaz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts