Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
621 - 640 of 661 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #622 ·
Wow, so you have been on this build for nearly 4 years now. Amazing car. Did you find you could keep up your motivation to progress with the build? I'm just starting on my adventure and I have a long way to go.

Dan.
Motivation has never been a problem, time has but that's life. It's a long journey/adventure which will test you but it's very rewarding for yourself (after all it's only you in the garage for hours on end so it is personal). Cannot really give you any advice apart from enjoy it and then it's not a task and the forum guy's will support you and you cannot ask for more than that.

Anyway good luck with the build (I will be watching) Andy

·
Registered
318 Posts
awesome build i only starting to wonder if it wouldve been eazier to build the shell first and then make the frame to fit the body
it wouldve made it a little eazier to change stuff like where to sit , location of the engine , the roof height (rollbar) and the wheelbase (in case the rear ends up a little too short )

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #630 ·
awesome build i only starting to wonder if it wouldve been eazier to build the shell first and then make the frame to fit the body
it wouldve made it a little eazier to change stuff like where to sit , location of the engine , the roof height (rollbar) and the wheelbase (in case the rear ends up a little too short )
For me the chassis design and location of the major components within the chassis had to come first and the body second. What you are basically suggesting is what hot rodders/custom car builders will do. If you look at some of the builds on here you will see how clever they are at packaging all the components within a set size body.

Since I am still playing with ideas on how the car will look (put a kink in the roof spoiler so that's been scrapped) and at the present time, to me it looks too conservative and needs to be more aggressive (if that the right word) so we shall see what happens over the next year. Andy

·
Now a BIVA Build
917 Posts
Noticed the post,,, franticly clicked the mouse,,,, with a view to seeing the most spectacular build complete :pmsl:eek:nly kidding mine has stalled! :shake:getting my house and garden ready for my 50th birthday party. Party:tup: 50 :tdown:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Can't let this thread disappear so thought I'd bump it up to the top to remind everyone what a good build this has been. I guess if there was any progress you would have posted but I'm interested to see how this progresses.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #640 ·
Wasn’t expecting a bump Jimmy but thanks for asking about the project.

Anyway today was my first day back on the car since the self-imposed garage ban. I spent most of the afternoon thinking about where to start since I cannot remember what I was doing last time I was in the garage. One thing I did achieve was to bin the roof spoiler. Andy

621 - 640 of 661 Posts