Rods 'n' Sods banner

641 - 656 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #641
I started work on the templates for the side air inlet for the rear brakes. The lower part of the backing plate will accommodate a 50mm ID fitting which connects to the air pipe which feeds cool air over the brakes (one each side). The blue foam was cut and shaped to fit the backing plate and the curve of the window. Once I like the shape of the foam template a metal one will be made and this will be fitted to the door with the air vents cut into it. Andy

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
New rear frames

Thanks guy's :tup:

For those who can remember I put the first set of frames for the front arches onto the rear and made a new set for the front (first picture). Now I am working on the rear of the car the slope of the frame on the old arches looked to shallow and would not blend in as well with the rest of the rear panels so I made a new frame with a greater slope. Andy

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Looking great Andy,I can't wait to see more .I have probably missed it but are you still forming the outside skin in ally ?????.:)

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Like the idea for doing your wheel arches, nice to see progress as well

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
Looking great Andy,I can't wait to see more .I have probably missed it but are you still forming the outside skin in ally ?????.:)
Thanks Mark and yes the plan is still for an ally body although changing from steel (roof/door shell etc.) to ally and joining them will be interesting. Andy

641 - 656 of 656 Posts