Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2nd Seaford
BIKEFEST and HOT ROD CHILL-OUT !
Back by popular demand .....well , we all loved it......!
Last year saw 147 HarleyD`s and 30 hot rod and classic American kars turn out for a fantastic chilled-out day , with live bands , bars , stalls , funfair and ICE-CREAM.....on the seafront !

We had 30 kars last year , as I only got involved just before the day.....
BUT WE WANNA MAKE Seaford SHAKE-RATTLE-N-ROLL this year so.......

meeting at ;
THE DROVE RETAIL PARK
NEWHAVEN
east sussex
BN9 0AG
(100yds from the main A26 !)

at 11am -11.15 , to cruise -with police + bike out-rider`s - at midday , the 4 miles to Seaford beach ,
.......Seaford`s beach is unspoilt , with FREE parking !
and has a Martello Tower , complete with ww2 museum -
+ for stunning view`s across the bay , take a short walk UP Seaford Head cliff`s - adjoining the world famous Seven Sister`s .
In aid of the Mayor`s charities ,
UNTIL 4.30pm-5pm then...well , tell ya later ! :D

·
Have love will travel....
275 Posts
Yeah will try n make it Kev and see who else we can bring along :tup: do we need to prebook?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Sounds good :tup: :bigsmile:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Madam B !
No pre-booking as such , but would be great to have an idea of numbers nearer the day so I can reserve enough space`s in the show field ,
( thereby avoiding the speed bumps ! )
There`s also lots of FREE parking on the seafront as well .......BUT ....of course ....there are SPEED BUMPS ...!

·
Registered
703 Posts
We would like to come along this year, Ive put it in my diary. I remember the pics from last year, looked good.:tup:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
meeting at ;
THE DROVE RETAIL PARK
NEWHAVEN
east sussex
BN9 0AG
(100yds from the main A26 !)

Would that be where McDonalds is? Haven't been that way for a while and all I can remember is McDonalds!

I don't like Newhaven much. The Fort is good though :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep , Its where McCrappy`s is !.... Nobody likes Newhaven much....they even burnt down the con-club last week........8+)...
BUT its a BIG car park and an easy cruise to Seaford beach ....without.... going thru Newhaven town....!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Can you direct me this year Kev..I drove straight past it and ended up in Eastbourne...I thought bloody hell this is an oap place and got out my car and had an ice cream. I found the sea though :))))

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well , Gr8ah8me....if ya arive in Newhaven .....on time. this year......:incheek:.I will hold your hand .......or I can hold Heidi hostage so you WILL follow the cruise.. !
......as you know... Heidi prefer`s MY Cadillac to cruise in......! ...:D
if not ..when you get to Seaford Seafront ...drive EAST along to the END .....
( its a dead end as theres a CLIFF in the way.....so ya cant over-shoot.....) ..and right before your eye`s will be a HUGE field with 100`s of Harley`s and a lot of V8`s !... and a fun fair ,.... and live bands ,... and lots of people !

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi ! we are up to about 35 /40 cars so far but have room for double that !
Its a great way to chillout the weekend before the Nats , and help the Mayor`s charities at the same time . Look forward to seeing you there !

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
still room for more kars guys n gal`s !
Its a nice chilled-out day before the nats , with a cruise to brighton seafront afterwards !

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Cheers , BIG AL :incheek: We still have still room for more kars , its for charity ya know.......!
The local press , despite it being a Bikefest ..have kindly mentiond the hot rods and American cars first.........!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts