Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hello Bluffin try machine Mart they list them I have couple of them they are double ended with the other end for creating a swage line for flush joints. I find after using the tool for punching holes just increase the holes slightly with a drill all the best Andy.:tup:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Bluffin try machine Mart they list them I have couple of them they are double ended with the other end for creating a swage line for flush joints. I find after using the tool for punching holes just increase the holes slightly with a drill all the best Andy.:tup:
Thanks Andy,

The main reason I was thinking of the Sealey tool is because it will punch a 7.1 diameter hole :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've got the same punch that you've been looking at,I use it for all sorts,holes for welding,pop rivets,screws ,self tappers .Well impressed and worth buying had it a couple of years now and its still sharpe.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I have a Whitney American version and had it for years. I use it a lot as all you need is centre punch the hole position and each punch has a point to pick up the centre dot. Accurate positioning of the hole as no drill wander and also a nice round hole, especially if you dont have the skill to grind drills with almost zero clearance for sheet metal. Limit with the cheaper one might be the strength of the frame, accuracy or the hardness of the tools - something to check out but otherwise a useful tool especially if the quality is as good as the Whitney. Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts