Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
what did ya think ? he was crackin' but there was a mass exidus to the bog when his son done his 1st couple o songs (was suprised they didnt slash their wrists) maybe if we made a guitar made of humber hubcaps it would sound like a death metal folk blues version of the morris minor ones???:rofl:

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
i didnt car to much for his son.. steve's just giving him a leg up i suppose!
yon lassie was allright though, and the guy on the drums knows what he's doing aswell:tup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
hi,
yeah saw him last year in brighton & he was f'ing brilliant,
but the support act then was really f'ing awful!!
:smoke:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Seen him earlier this month. He was awesome as usual but have to agree that I could have done without his lad singing. The young girl, Amy LaVere, sure has a sweet voice though.
Dan Magnusson is simply amazing on drums! Makes me wanna burn my kit!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
drummers an "animal" i'd put him against any drummer i've seen!
steves a legend & i hope that fame never changes him....hes like a winning race engine builder working out of a concrete pre fab council garage & beating everyone else !!!!

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
Compared to when I saw him down at the Lexington pub a month ago, this gig was not a touch on it. He really does suit the small venues so more. I spoke to him after the pub gig and he is a such a genuinely nice bloke. Would be great to have a few beers with him.

His son is way to emo for me, maybe its not my style but he was a bit tiresome. Good luck to the lad, there's people who probably like his style but chances are its not going to be his Dad's fans.

Dan was tip top as usual on the drums. Really glad he's taken more involvement in this album. Song's like That's All and Never Go West are so complemented by his drumming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts