Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
get in, got me front row tickets for seasick steve at the city hall newcastle in nov :tup:

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
Saw him at the Hammersmith Odeon last yer.
Fantastic gig.
Missed out on the Brixton tickets this time.

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
i'd like to see him. Are tickets for sale still?

·
Legs and heels subscriber
754 Posts
Seen him in Glasgow, last year...:tup:Gig packed out.

Need to get some of his tunes onto the what you listening to thread......

Drinking Thunderbird ....:drunk:

·
Paint it or Lose it
737 Posts
saw him a few years ago in brighton in a small'ish club when he was'nt so famous

got talking to him after the show
he's got a early 50's woodie wagon if i remember rightly

fecking shit hot musician and a really nice bloke aswell

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
saw him a few years ago in brighton in a small'ish club when he was'nt so famous
Was it Komedia? Me & my Son went to see him there, one of the best gigs I've been to. The night we went there was a pissed bloke sort of heckling him & splashing lager over people. After one of his songs, Seasick Steve told him he was lucky he was in a good mood otherwise he'd have taken him outside himself, security removed him shortly after! The heckler must've had a few bob to be able to throw lager around, it was around £4 a pint if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Seen him a few of times now, the last being a couple of weeks ago at JB's in dudley.
Awesome as usual and a real nice sized venue, only 1000 capacity.
Will be going to see him again at the O2 academy Birmingham.
Sure there may be better guitarists and singers out there but very few infuse as much soul into their music as old Seasick.
Mind you being a drummer myself, Dan Magnusson who plays with him is an absolute legend!

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
Yeah he's a good drummer. I instantly knew he was good by the way he strolled up to the stage and starting playing half way through My Donny, at Reading festival.

Anyway, tickets booked for Brixton :tup:

·
Paint it or Lose it
737 Posts
Was it Komedia? Me & my Son went to see him there, one of the best gigs I've been to. The night we went there was a pissed bloke sort of heckling him & splashing lager over people. After one of his songs, Seasick Steve told him he was lucky he was in a good mood otherwise he'd have taken him outside himself, security removed him shortly after! The heckler must've had a few bob to be able to throw lager around, it was around £4 a pint if I remember correctly.
yeh it was at the Komedia it was probably the same night really cracking gig it was packed but then again it is'nt a really big club

·
Registered
35 Posts
trying to decide between Brixton or Warwick..

Got his 2 latest albums and got to see him in Hammersmith earlier this year. Hes amazing.

hmmm Brixton or Warwick..... hmmmm

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not long to go now till the city hall gig :tup:
got his first three cd's not got the new one yet though!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just looked up train times for Mondays gig. 2 1/2 hours up there and 7 3/4 hours back!:shock: so yet another time I will miss seeing him:cry:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts