Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After selling my first 41 Willis gasser which i regretted, a friend of mine at the time had this pro street Willis, which was black, flamed and was running, a 460 big block ford but i soon lost contact with the friend and the car for about 10 years. Then after a brief conversation with Ron Hasslet the Willis resurfaced in Portsmouth. When the deal was done i brought the car back to Ron's who then promptly fucked up the start of the re-build and then also sold me a new 460 big block ford with a nice repaired window in the side of the block??? As you can imagine the car was promptly pulled from insane creations workshop. The re-build was then restarted properly by ELECTROMECH RACE CARS and the owner Mark Rampley put the engine in it's proper place i.e the centre of the engine bay all on motorplates. As you can see from the photos their is still alot of work to do, but the finish car will be re painted black but this time with traditional flames. Watch this space as i will try and load more photos soon!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comment cross27t but i still think it's going to take a couple of years yet to get it how i want it, How's the hot rod scene in Malta?????

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi 33Hemi, Yes it is Paul Hankinson's who first built the Willis in the 90's and i still have the Street Machine magazine that it was featured in which was 1996 so if you know him give me a shout.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,276 Posts
I hope the steering issues are being sorted out on the rack , re locking out on turns . I was involved with it when Pete at Funkenblitz owned it. He'd got it from where it had been stashed at Station garage since it went off the end of the ramp at MOT time... which reminds me make sure you wire an inhibitor switch in ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that kapri yes i did hear some of the horror storeys of the MOT ramp???? but not about the steering issues, another job to add to the list.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,276 Posts
There were acouple of other steering issues but its 7/8 years since I looked at it last, suffice it to say have a good check out of stuff.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Awesome! i was reading the Street Machine feature the other day and wondered what had happened to it as my dad said it used to go to Preston cruise, i need to get my backside in gear and get on with my Pro Street '38 Willys, good luck and i look forward to updates on this build :tup:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looking Good!!!! One to follow!!!! Didn't the original owner get a job at T.V.R.????
Philip

1 - 14 of 14 Posts