Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... I am looking for information on early Ford sedans. I have purchased a 2 door 1933 Ford Tudor Sedan; chopped, channeled etc. I have always loved Sedans but know need to know more, for example, on a 33' what is the difference between a Sedan and a Tudor Sedan, also model A, and B Sedan etc.

Confused :beuj:...any help will be much appreciated. :tup:

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
Ford called their sedans Tudor and Fordor, as in two door and four door respectively. That's all there is to it.

Model A ran from 1928 to 1931, Model B was the four cylinder offering for 1932, while the V8 version was designated the Model 18. 1933/4 cars were known as the Model C in four cylinder guise, with the V8 version being known as the Model 40.

·
Registered
899 Posts
although model a ran from 28-31, 28-29 and 30-31 bodies are entirely different- the only bit the same is the screen surround. the earlier version was more model T in style with a pinched cowl, and less swagelines. the later one looks more like a model B.

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
although model a ran from 28-31, 28-29 and 30-31 bodies are entirely different- the only bit the same is the screen surround. the earlier version was more model T in style with a pinched cowl, and less swagelines. the later one looks more like a model B.
I should have said that but thought it was getting more complicated and lets not even start to think about Briggs bodied A's. :tup:

·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that...so simple!, just one of those things you ether know or ya don't ...love your car dez so cool :smoke:..when do you see it on the road?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts