Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a really sentimental pic that i thought id put away safe in a frame but ive just found it and its a lil worse for wear .............. ive tried scanning it but it seems to scan up too dark and if i try to brighten it it gets too light

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi vince,

If you can scan it with a bit more resolution (dpi) there will be more to work with and I can cut up the photo and retouch/correct the pieces separately and put it back together.

I'm assuming it's a 6"x4" print, if so scan it at 400 dpi and put it up here, and I'll give it go. The version you've put up is only 6x4" at 96 dpi so when its lightened there's not enough info to keep the detail in the faces, straight lines on the radiator grilles, sharpness etc.

"Bad to be blown" has done a canny job with what you supplied mind, but it can be better with more info in the scan. It's always worth the time if it's a sentimental shot.

Steve

(PM me if you need to mail me the shot if it's too big to post)

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is that any better for you???
Cool that makes it look a lot better :tup: but still dark faces ...(the sun behind us doesnt help i guess)

Hi vince,

If you can scan it with a bit more resolution (dpi) there will be more to work with and I can cut up the photo and retouch/correct the pieces separately and put it back together.

I'm assuming it's a 6"x4" print, if so scan it at 400 dpi and put it up here, and I'll give it go. The version you've put up is only 6x4" at 96 dpi so when its lightened there's not enough info to keep the detail in the faces, straight lines on the radiator grilles, sharpness etc.

"Bad to be blown" has done a canny job with what you supplied mind, but it can be better with more info in the scan. It's always worth the time if it's a sentimental shot.

Steve

(PM me if you need to mail me the shot if it's too big to post)
My top of the range scanner (read as shit) only goes up to 300dpi but thanks ............ :tup:

Im willing to email to whoever wants to have a try .......... I really do appreciate this :tup:

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
Can you scan at 300dpi, but also increase the file size?

If not just send over the hires scan and I'll see what I can do.

It all depends on the quality of the original photo though.

Cheers
Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts