Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get an alternator for my engine (chrysler 360 ) this is a later engine that has a serpentine belt fitted as standard. so can I just get any alternator that has a matching front pulley or do I need to get one that is a bit more specific ? I have read somware about the fan has to rotate the right direction in order to cool it so what is the right direction ?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
a standard alternator rotates clockwise (looking from the front), they will work in reverse but not as efficient and some have brushed ar an angle so they are a nono.i always use the small japanese alternators on all my cars they range from 45 amps to over 100 so im sure you will be able to find one that will do your job(some are even 1 wire), a trip to the local scrap yard should source one and then if need be you know what to order if you need a new one (most will want a core unit in exchange)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.