Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tend to surf ebay, as you do, when I am bored and can't work on the car. Is It me or are shipping costs from the states going through the Roof? Even for some small stuff I am getting some stupid quotes from people. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places :shock: or they think I'm a hillbilly:D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
fucking cunts

hi ya wolfman,no its dear its called tax,aviation fuel costs plus cost of docking planes on the ground all adds up,this is due to fucking cunts(government)guy fawkes was to fucking early.................its dear you could always buy a car from over there fill it up with parts n ship the lot over :sniff:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi ya wolfman,no its dear its called tax,aviation fuel costs plus cost of docking planes on the ground all adds up,this is due to fucking cunts(government)guy fawkes was to fucking early.................its dear you could always buy a car from over there fill it up with parts n ship the lot over :sniff:
Hi Stretch,I hadn't given It a thought about sky high aviation costs.I always try to use usps as they often go under the radar when the stuff gets here:D you get $56 to ship a mini starterwhich is ok ,then $50 for a headlight switch:shake:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,056 Posts
One buyer wanted £20 to ship an item so light you have to put a paperweight on it to stop it floating away .After trying several other sources they all wanted the same so I guess he wasn't chancing his arm and costs have risen that much :(

·
Registered
895 Posts
have you tried paul at dukesville he's normaly happy to put somthing in a container for poeple when he's shipping stuff over hope this helps m8

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
get the seller to send it USPS, you can actually arrange the collection yourself and price it yourself. FED EX, UPS etc will be double but far quicker service. USPS lands with Parcel Farce on this side of the pond so be prepared to have to collect it yourself and deal with them pricks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
have you tried paul at dukesville he's normaly happy to put somthing in a container for poeple when he's shipping stuff over hope this helps m8
I may try that idea for panals and such, I even had a Quote for $150 for a p/s hose :tdown: the guy did apologise and said he would bring it over in nov when he comes over for work and I can collect direct from him. I do buy a lot of bits from the states, but the postage seems to vary so much with no rhyme or reason to it sometimes. 90% of my stuff is done by USPS and I have been very happy that way,no nasty letters from DHL and such like saying sorry your'e bit are lost and here is the bill tooo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts