Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've just bought a 1958 Chevy pickup, it rolls, steers and brakes (transmission brake) but the engine is dead. I have to get it back to the UK from Minnesota, anyone have any cool (cheaper!) ideas? I have requests on uShip and have quotes from freight forwarding companies, just wondered if anyone had any contacts that might help is all.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
We ship from New Jersey and all, give us a call.
07980 416785
Russ
Hey guys,

I've just bought a 1958 Chevy pickup, it rolls, steers and brakes (transmission brake) but the engine is dead. I have to get it back to the UK from Minnesota, anyone have any cool (cheaper!) ideas? I have requests on uShip and have quotes from freight forwarding companies, just wondered if anyone had any contacts that might help is all.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Andy

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
just bringing one in from minnesota, 1000 mile to baltimore port, land transport + shipping, hill shipping doing the whole thing, pity it wasnt lastweek , could have done a double

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
with the trucking distances involved, you're best speaking to a UK based shipper like Hill, though I much prefer Schumacher Cargo UK, speak to Ian Jeffreys on 01449 723576. With them, you wont know if there's been a problem until Ian has resolved it for you. I used them regularly on single vehicle movements and they may or may not be a few quid dearer, but there's never a problem.
I now fill my own containers but move them from base in San Fransisco Bay area, and mine land in Scotland. Minnesota has a lot of cheaper trucks, but the transport is expensive due to the location.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
tried the usa guys aswell, really talking 50 quid difference to uk shipper, but used hill shipping before without a single problem, so this time they got the job, land transport was as much as shipping, so watch which state you buy from

·
Vendor
3,391 Posts
do yourself a favour call hill shipping or kingstown give them the contact details & leave it to them they will arrange collection from the seller to the port & from there to thamesport one stop shopping, no hassle no surprises its what they do day in & day out you get what you pay for if its cheap you,ll get cheap i,ve used both kingstown for over 20yrs & hill on pretty much a weekly basis for several yrs , i,ve never had a problem with either & i,ve had 9 vehicles landed in the last couple of months 3 on the water right now & 6 waiting to leave if it was closer to ca i could ship it for you but the transport is too expensive if you call hill talk to kevin & mention my name good luck with it RAY in sf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts