Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally I'd stick parts in the luggage or big stuff I'd take down the US post office, mark it as a gift / low value and send it back to myself. I'm out there soon and need to send a big fan shroud back, are there any better ways than USPS these days that don't charge silly money? Normally I'd use Russ Pepper for big stuff but I need this back quick so needs to be Air freight.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Had a supercharger kit . Carb . Dist etc in four suit case ..also had mufflers . 8" centre section
Anti roll bar etc

·
Registered
19 Posts
have you tried rockauto they seem to charge sensible carraige & are cheap as well worth doing on line you get quoted there and then

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have you tried rockauto they seem to charge sensible carraige & are cheap as well worth doing on line you get quoted there and then
Cheers, Rockauto don't stock them, it's for a 57 Chevy.
Roughly worked it out on USPS at $65 to ship a box that size so reasonable enough.
I've never paid excess baggage but expect it to be higher than that?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
check with your airline, to see how much it is to have an extra suit case, think you can with most airlines, but their prices very , good excuse to by more stuff :tup:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
if its $65 usps, + the duty etc this end, I would say an extra case is the way to go, plus if you pick up any other bits and pieces, you've got something to get them home in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts