Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mid England Retrims.
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
andy ( sidspop) has asked me to do a headlining for his thames 400e , as some of you may know the thames 400e never had headliing just a formed peice of hardboard .
had to work out the best way to create a structure to fit the liner to

this is 4mm spring steel formed to the same shape as the cab with bows silver soldered to hang the liner from. its being trail fitted before being covered. hopefully andy might post a pic of the 400e up. ade

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts

·
Mid England Retrims.
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
stitched the headlining up today ,

after extending the roof frame due to the original hardboard roof lining that andy supplied being 1/2" too small , the headlining was hand stitched to the roof bows/frame

just got to glue the ends on then fit it to andys truck , hopefully if all goes well it will be in tomorrow night. ade

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Whaddya mean too small. That was the original lining you muppet! Could be that it;s been out in the weather and shrunk.?

Looks good me mon, looks like I gonna have to get you some cupasoups.

·
Mid England Retrims.
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
graypees and bacon flavour mate. lol. dont forget you took the roof off , so with your coded welding ( morse coded dot dot dot dash dash ) :rofl: the original shape could have been comprimised.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Whaddya mean too small. That was the original lining you muppet! Could be that it;s been out in the weather and shrunk.?

Looks good me mon, looks like I gonna have to get you some cupasoups.
well sid adrian never blames himself when it goes wrong lol and thier was me thinking he had made a new "BED SPRED" for his wife pmsl :pmsl::pmsl:

·
Mid England Retrims.
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just some updated pics of the headlining for sidspop.

the frame was tried in the recess inside the top of the cab ,

this is the recess it had to spring into place.

the frame was then recovered with the expanded vinyl

this is how it looked with the vinyl pulled up around the frame.

sidspop has fitted the headlining temporary for the classic car show and he said that it held into place on the drive home too. once its fitted in permenant either andy or myself will post some finished pics. ade

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.