Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Signwriters in Midlands???

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  styleline 
#1 ·
Anyone know a signwriter in the Midlands? Thanks to the computer age there aren't many of them about nowadays. I've made my mind up on whats to go on the car and I don't want stickers on the bodywork. I am after a signwriter or someone good at sign writing to do some lettering for me. I'd be happy to drop the body off and leave to be done over time.

I've had a go using stencils and freehand using one shot on some old panels but wasn't happy with it. Also airbrushed through stencils but again doesn't give the look i'm after. Really needs someone with a brush and a good hand, as it would have been done back in the day.

Any of you know of such a person who is reasonably affordable in the Midlands ????????

Cheers Dan:tup:

#3 ·
After a far bit of lettering mainly. As the body and paint aren't exactly show car quality:roll: i'm not after anything that flash. Just need an experienced signwriter to do a few different names in various non too fancy fonts.

I had a bash and it looked crap. Don't mind having a go, thats why i'm doing the striping but i want the lettering to look painted on and stencils didn't give that effect.

#6 ·
Did that and looks okay but you can still tell its been done by stencil. It might be a last resort if the lettering costs too much. I'm abit fussy about stuff like this and although its spending money i dont have to spend, i reckon it's worth waiting and saving for.

Wagonman i'll chase that up. Looks expensive, though very cool:smoke:

Cheers Dan

#10 ·
Had a think about this again and had another go this morning using a pre cut stencil. Got a day off so thought i'd do something with it. I remembered having some lettering brushes that i bought with my striping set up. So i had a practice and well chuffed with the results. Having a wider brush to do the lettering made all the difference aswell as a touch more thinner in the paint. Not 100% perfect, you can still tell its stenciled on if you look REALLY close but more me being picky than anything else. I already have a contact for computer cut stencils so apart from buying a few more pots of one shot i think i'm good to go :smoke: Thanks for the suggestions folks!

#15 ·
Ian (BigBossMan ) put some pics on the NSRA of an old truck he had done work on the doors of . It looked very cool :tup:

I also remember him posting that he had done such a good job of painting the camouflage paint onto a Vulcan bomber they couldn't find it :pmsl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.